picked this up at cyclezone, those guys are great up there in kansas.

got it together and rode for an hour before I hasd to leave fore work for a few weeks.

can;t wait to dig into it this week.

img20110504072409.jpg

any advice other than "just ride" is appreciated.

The EE spark arrestor end cap for a removable spark arestor and the suzuki nedh or nech needles, look to lean the pilot one and increase the main.

Thanks to Jersey. I have folowed your posts on both forums for quite a while and decided to take your final jetting specs. The NEDH needle is perhaps the best thing i have done to the 200. I am no jetting guru,more of a ride and forget. I can't believe how much a simple needle and air screw adjustment smoothed out the little beast. Way more even off te bottom. I can't wait to see what it will do in the high country. If the snow ever melts. THANKS

short war story... litrerally....

The last time I rode my 2008 xc-w was in May 2009 with a buddy of mine in Kansas before I moved to GA and then deployed to Iraq. Left for Iraq in JAN 10. Came back OCT 10. Been WAAAAAY busy with getting the unit put back together and new Commanders at all levels.

Took the xc-w out last night KNOWING it would be hours of work to get her running. Filled the tiress, switched the petcock to "on".... SIX kicks later she was ALIVE again!!!

I grabbed my helmet and gloves and ran her up and down the dirt road behind the house for 20 minutes and was grinning from ear to ear when I pulled back into the driveway!!!

now just need to get back into the grove and find and "easy" harscramble near Savannah.

CAN - NOT - WAIT!!!

short war story... litrerally....

The last time I rode my 2008 xc-w was in May 2009 with a buddy of mine in Kansas before I moved to GA and then deployed to Iraq. Left for Iraq in JAN 10. Came back OCT 10. Been WAAAAAY busy with getting the unit put back together and new Commanders at all levels.

Took the xc-w out last night KNOWING it would be hours of work to get her running. Filled the tiress, switched the petcock to "on".... SIX kicks later she was ALIVE again!!!

I grabbed my helmet and gloves and ran her up and down the dirt road behind the house for 20 minutes and was grinning from ear to ear when I pulled back into the driveway!!!

now just need to get back into the grove and find and "easy" harscramble near Savannah.

CAN - NOT - WAIT!!!

God bless you for yyour service!

It has been almost 2 months for me since i rode, so i can only imagine what you have gone thru. lol

magical machine for sure.

Nobrakes

A bit late in responding. I agree with gmoss so no point in repeating. I've used just about every needle out there including the old and new JD needles for the 200. I both praise and bash the JD needles. I don't believe you'll go wrong with them, anything is better than the NOZG/H series needle, seriously. The biggest problem I have with the JD kits is you don't have the ability to make 1/2 clip changes UNLESS you have needle shim washers. Most don't think a 1/2 clip is worth the trouble, well, they're wrong. If you get a little deeper into jetting, different needles alter the power delivery somewhat, not major but significant.

Depending on YOUR riding conditions, bike mods, pipe, etc. you may or may not have the "right" mj's that come with the JD kit. Most still need a different pj which does NOT come in the kit.

The bike year, '07 and up uses different jetting than earlier models with the 38 MM carb. However the needles will still work. The '07 and up KTM's are choking for air past 1/2 throttle with the 36 MM carb. If your looking for more top end I strongly suggest an oval or keyhole carb mod to your 36 MM. This mod retains the 36 MM low end and starting at 1/2 throttle approaches that of the older 38 MM carbs. Usually just a larger mj is all that's needed after the mod. Check out the jetting forum at Ktmtalk and also who to use for the carb mod. I don't think we're allowed to name names here unless they pay.

Jbrinkley

The same applies to you with your '11. There hasn't been any MAJOR engine changes in the 200, minor tweaks that KTM makes a big deal out of but in reality, nil. The biggest change to start with is jetting. As mentioned there are multiple options other than JD but in all fairness JD is still a decent option over stock jetting if your not particular.

Hey, thanks for the detailed response, jersey_devil. I did actually end up getting the JD kit. I have it installed and I tested it a little in the back yard, but haven't had it out much beyond that yet. Everything seems pretty well on target at the moment, this with the starting point settings JD recommends. 38p, 175m, blue/3rd, air-screw:1.5.

I should note that I do have a dB-Snorkel on my bike, which makes an already quiet bike downright stealth. I really can't stand loud bikes, and also I live in a neighborhood with a lot of houses so I try to stay as stealth as possible. And since I do use my small back yard to zip around on the bike and don't want to give the neighbors too much to complain about. It's more quiet than most of their lawn mowers and weed whackers. That's a long way of saying that it may be affecting my jetting a little bit, too. It doesn't feel restrictive, but I'm guessing it still affects the jetting a little bit.

So far, the bike seems responsive and snappy with the JD kit. Just like before. ? I still need to check things out while on the main jet, I'll do that in the next day or so out on the highway (bike is plated), that's where I felt it fall off before. You mentioned an "oval" or "keyhole" carb mod that helps with that, maybe my jetting was OK, but it's just a characteristic of the smaller bore carb? I'll do some googling on that.

Anyway, so far so good. It's a process.

gmoss- Thanks. My decision to go orange was a result of reading the multitude of great stuff you and many others have shared here.

As for time away from riding.... uuugh! Coastal GA is not a mecca of off-road / HS type riding. Have to travel 2-3 hours one way to get to any of the "good stuff."

I guess that's good though so I can ease back into it on the less technical stuff with so much time off the bike.

So far, the bike seems responsive and snappy with the JD kit. Just like before. ? I still need to check things out while on the main jet, I'll do that in the next day or so out on the highway (bike is plated), that's where I felt it fall off before. You mentioned an "oval" or "keyhole" carb mod that helps with that, maybe my jetting was OK, but it's just a characteristic of the smaller bore carb? I'll do some googling on that.

Anyway, so far so good. It's a process.

I don't know what if any affect the DB snorkel might have on jetting. I heard none but can't confirm.

To find the proper mj you would keep going larger until you notice a loss of rpm or power then drop back a size. JD generally starts off rich. I would suspect a 170 mj to be better unless you ride hard and long on the mj. You said you ride the road.

I never got along well with the blue needle. The main problem is it's too rich off idle because of it's starting diameter. This is the reason JD has you with a 38 pj. I don't like lean pj's, I feel they hinder off idle torque and if coasting down a long hill with a closed throttle your looking at a possible seizure. If you have time try the red needle, look for 2 rings below #5 [bottom] clip groove to verify this is the correct "200" red needle. try in clip 4 then 3 with either a 42 or 40 pj and the same mj you find to be correct with the blue needle.

It's possible your mj size is off for your lack of WOT performance or the lack of the "larger" carb. If your a top end type rider, you really have no choice but to get your carb modded larger starting at 1/2 throttle.

Hey guys, need some help finding a rear brake line for an 07 200 XC. Its for a customer and ive done some searching around but I cant find any hits. Anyone know of an aftermarket application that crosses over? Any help would be great!

Thnx!

I broke in my new 2011 this morning, after jetting, steering damper and new springs all around, bunch of other stuff.

I started with the 1370 needle and ended with it after checking some others.

Went down to 40 pj and up to 168 mj. Seems very good. Medium/small spooge.

I can say for sure, the stock as is jetting (in the crate) sucks.

85 degrees sea level or below, 50% H.

I'm 205 w/out gear. Went with 7.2 rear spring and with 5mm preload got 103mm sag.

I'm good there, feels better than stock. I rode it for an hour, as new. I'll check it all geared up next time.

Front I went with .44's, ended up with settings in comfort +1 on the front and comfort on the rear. It's good. I like it alot.

Somehow the chain adjusters were off, the rear wheel wasn't straight.

I think it came this way because I didn't check it out of the crate. Only after riding for a little bit did I check it, cause it felt funny and lots of chain noise.

Among other things, springs and power valve adjusting, and everything else I've done, hard to narrow it down. Whether it was me or just a loose nut from the factory.

BUT after 4+ hours on it and some tinkering, I think it's amazing. I love it.

I just put that longer throttle cable on, what were they thinking running in front like that?

I broke in my new 2011 this morning, after jetting, steering damper and new springs all around, bunch of other stuff.

I started with the 1370 needle and ended with it after checking some others.

Went down to 40 pj and up to 168 mj. Seems very good. Medium/small spooge.

I can say for sure, the stock as is jetting (in the crate) sucks.

85 degrees sea level or below, 50% H.

I'm 205 w/out gear. Went with 7.2 rear spring and with 5mm preload got 103mm sag.

I'm good there, feels better than stock. I rode it for an hour, as new. I'll check it all geared up next time.

Front I went with .44's, ended up with settings in comfort +1 on the front and comfort on the rear. It's good. I like it alot.

Somehow the chain adjusters were off, the rear wheel wasn't straight.

I think it came this way because I didn't check it out of the crate. Only after riding for a little bit did I check it, cause it felt funny and lots of chain noise.

Among other things, springs and power valve adjusting, and everything else I've done, hard to narrow it down. Whether it was me or just a loose nut from the factory.

BUT after 4+ hours on it and some tinkering, I think it's amazing. I love it.

I just put that longer throttle cable on, what were they thinking running in front like that?

What do you weigh with gear? Try another turn or two of sag, getting it to 110-115mm range and give it a ride. I am interested in what you think of it there.

I weigh close to what you do without gear, 240 geared up, and was thinking I would need an 8.0 or so with the 08 I am getting.

gmoss, yes I planned on getting it down to 115 or so. I need another scale.

I'm gonna check tomorrow all geared up. I guess I'll get a scale and take it with me.

7.2 straight rate seemed funny to me when I ordered it. But I think it's right. Same with the .44's, I almost put in .42's I have those also.

What I didn't realize at the time was the preload aspect of the OC forks. I have not checked that. I left all the spacers in when I changed. I'm gonna check that out tomorrow also.