2 hours ago, LastMinuteOff-Road said:

Anyone have any suggestions for an upgraded bulb for stock 2003 KTM 200 EXC? Or does anyone have the stock bulb size? My bulb is currently blown thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EIKO-HEADLIGHT-BULB-FITS-KTM-200-250-300-350-360-380-400-440-450-520-525-505-620/232578233296?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Hey Guys

This is more of a shout out to the Aussies on here, a bit of a story.... so here goes...

I picked up a 2012 150SX real cheap - as in REAL CHEAP! from a guy who had got his bike back from the Cops after it had been stolen and recovered.

Now, the knuckle dragging low-lifes (there is always at least 2 of them) knew that the bike needed fuel - but didn't realise that they needed to add oil to the gas!!! So, the bike has a seized bottom end.

I know the bike can be repaired and put together and will be a great little bike, and before you say "just ride it as a 150...."

I WANT a 200... and this is a great (and cheap) way to make a linkage (small) framed 200.

Yes, I could put this together as is - sell it then buy a 200 - but where is the fun in that?

Now, all I need is a barrel c/w powervalve; head and crank from a parted out 200. I can make or buy the rest I need off the shelf.

My appeal to the Aussies is, if you know of the availability of these parts can you please let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Mass

23 minutes ago, The Mass said:

Hey Guys

This is more of a shout out to the Aussies on here, a bit of a story.... so here goes...

I picked up a 2012 150SX real cheap - as in REAL CHEAP! from a guy who had got his bike back from the Cops after it had been stolen and recovered.

Now, the knuckle dragging low-lifes (there is always at least 2 of them) knew that the bike needed fuel - but didn't realise that they needed to add oil to the gas!!! So, the bike has a seized bottom end.

I know the bike can be repaired and put together and will be a great little bike, and before you say "just ride it as a 150...."

I WANT a 200... and this is a great (and cheap) way to make a linkage (small) framed 200.

Yes, I could put this together as is - sell it then buy a 200 - but where is the fun in that?

Now, all I need is a barrel c/w powervalve; head and crank from a parted out 200. I can make or buy the rest I need off the shelf.

My appeal to the Aussies is, if you know of the availability of these parts can you please let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Mass

I havent found a good source of used KTM parts yet.

Either you buy them overpriced by the time you pay freight from the US, buy them over priced from online wreckers who never have what you need or get out the cutting fluid (so that it doesnt get too hot when they ream you) and buy new parts.

I sold my 2016 200 this fall. Found some parts that I don’t need. The graphics were never installed and still in the package from the shipper. The carburetor was removed at 20 hours and replaced by a lectron. The jetting is the JD kit for 4000 feet. That’s all I know

Keihin PWK 36 S AG 20hours $150 Shipped Conus

The Graphics are 300xc replicas I had Jared Hicks with Backyard designs make up. The only thing cut were the shrouds, airbox covers, and rear fender. No number plates or fork guards. The small sticker between the airbox and fender says “200xcw”  

Asking $100 shipped

C543BA9D-9FFC-4EFD-88D7-577F4D17A8BE.png

5 hours ago, Pwilliamson222 said:

What bike did you replace your 2016 200 xcw with?

Nothing yet. Built a new rifle for F-Class. Probably go with a 350 next time unless I can find a nice 200

Nothing yet. Built a new rifle for F-Class. Probably go with a 350 next time unless I can find a nice 200

I think I might be exiting this prestigious group of 200 owners... I’m not entirely sure what I did to it. I’ve been having what seem to be jetting issues for the longest time. I tried everything, the last thing was a jd jetting kit. Which definitely cleaned it up a bit but still was feeling a bit rich. Then it happened... I started noticing the engine sounding different. Almost metal like clunky. Like I didn’t have any oil. Coming from what sounds like the magneto/flywheel side. So I limped I back to the truck, got it home , and drained the oil. It was black. Not gold like usual. Especially since before the ride it was fresh. Now I myself have never replaced the crankshaft bearings and or seals. I’m hoping that’s what it is. I heard that when the seals are bad they displace oil. I did kinda measure what came out and it was close to 700cc. But wasn’t exactly. Any body out there experience this? Any info would be helpful. It’s a 2004 200exc. Getting super hard to find parts for this thing as well

19 minutes ago, boilermaker2014 said:

What rough amount would you guys be willing to pay for a pretty clean 2014 200 XCW with 40 hours?

I got 8k for my 2016

3 hours ago, boilermaker2014 said:

What rough amount would you guys be willing to pay for a pretty clean 2014 200 XCW with 40 hours?

$4000-4500 most places. Maybe closer to $5k here in CO, especially if plated.

38 minutes ago, dhdrider said:

$4000-4500 most places. Maybe closer to $5k here in CO, especially if plated.

Pics could probably give a bit to the evaluation also ...

Pics could probably give a bit to the evaluation also ...

IMG_4136.JPGIMG_4135.JPGIMG_4137.JPGIMG_4138.JPGIMG_4139.JPGIMG_4140.JPGIMG_4141.JPGIMG_4134.JPG

Here are pictures from the ad. He’s asking 5k, which is more than I wanted to spend unfortunately.

I think I might be exiting this prestigious group of 200 owners... I’m not entirely sure what I did to it. I’ve been having what seem to be jetting issues for the longest time. I tried everything, the last thing was a jd jetting kit. Which definitely cleaned it up a bit but still was feeling a bit rich. Then it happened... I started noticing the engine sounding different. Almost metal like clunky. Like I didn’t have any oil. Coming from what sounds like the magneto/flywheel side. So I limped I back to the truck, got it home , and drained the oil. It was black. Not gold like usual. Especially since before the ride it was fresh. Now I myself have never replaced the crankshaft bearings and or seals. I’m hoping that’s what it is. I heard that when the seals are bad they displace oil. I did kinda measure what came out and it was close to 700cc. But wasn’t exactly. Any body out there experience this? Any info would be helpful. It’s a 2004 200exc. Getting super hard to find parts for this thing as well
Take the stator cover off and yank on the flywheel. If you can feel any end play it's time for a crank rebuild.

1 hour ago, boilermaker2014 said:

IMG_4136.JPGIMG_4135.JPGIMG_4137.JPGIMG_4138.JPGIMG_4139.JPGIMG_4140.JPGIMG_4141.JPGIMG_4134.JPG

Here are pictures from the ad. He’s asking 5k, which is more than I wanted to spend unfortunately.

It doesn't look like it's been abused to badly.. the rear subframe appears to have a minor tweak and you'd probably be looking at a rear tire after too long. Chain n sprockets are going to be showing some wear about now, etc....

Ask what kinda maintenance has been so far cuz some stuff should have been addressed like suspension fluids, repacking the silencer....

You could make him an offer closer to your comfort zone? Worst he can say is no, thanks anyway

• Like 1

Take the stator cover off and yank on the flywheel. If you can feel any end play it's time for a crank rebuild.

Thanks . I’ll check it out .

On 4/2/2019 at 6:05 AM, Ktm200excrider said:

I too am becoming more and more concerned about parts availability and potential additions to the fleet over the next 2-5 years.  I can't seem to ever find any 200s newer than 2009 for sale.  Does anyone happen to know at what year parts availability starts to become an issue?

As I look to potential modern bike replacements like the Beta XTrainer or Beta RR200, I'm put off by the e-start, lack of kickstarters, and oil injection, not to mention the $10,000 out the door cost.  I've discovered a good amount of complaints about starters and tpi on some of these bikes and just don't want to go down that road.  I'm debating on whether it may be wise to just woods mod a YZ250 and be set for life. 

1 hour ago, daddister said:

I too am becoming more and more concerned about parts availability and potential additions to the fleet over the next 2-5 years.  I can't seem to ever find any 200s newer than 2009 for sale.  Does anyone happen to know at what year parts availability starts to become an issue?

As I look to potential modern bike replacements like the Beta XTrainer or Beta RR200, I'm put off by the e-start, lack of kickstarters, and oil injection, not to mention the $10,000 out the door cost.  I've discovered a good amount of complaints about starters and tpi on some of these bikes and just don't want to go down that road.  I'm debating on whether it may be wise to just woods mod a YZ250 and be set for life. 

idk but I've searched for a handful of parts (crank, cylinder, piston) going back to 2001 and had no problems finding those parts. Not something I really worry about. I'm still able to find parts for my 1979 KD80. It's only a little more difficult but there is always ebay NOS.

• Like 1