Hello

Hi all,

Just thought I'd drop a line to introduce myself and say hello. Just picked up a 2000 DRZe. Coming off a 99 KTM 250.

I really enjoy the DRZ. A little heavy but as long as you don't drop it...who cares.

I have rejetted the thing (165/48) and lowered the clip by one, now I am looking for a way to open the exhaust or possibly get an aftermarket pipe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and yes, noise matters.

Any other mods I should consider?

Anyway, thanks for this nice forum, I think I'll hang out here quiet a bit ๐Ÿ™‚

Wolf

Welcome! The other guys will chime in with great suggestions for mods. I have a few suggestions to start with. First, if noise does matter and well, it should. I would consider leaving the exhaust stock for now. Second, search through the archives. There you will find years worth of great tips and tricks. The air box mod, jetting and, so on. Third, look into getting some case savers. The cases on these bikes are paper thin. It doesn't take much to punch a hole in them. Go to the TT store and I think you find some info there on them. Next, set your suspension up for the kind of riding you do and your weight. One place to go to get an idea of what spring rate, settings, and so on, is Racetech.com. There you can enter your information i.e., what type of riding you do, weight, et cetera. They will provide spring rates and settings in real time printable form. It is free! Use that as a guide line. It doesn't matter who does your suspension if anyone. But, at least you will have some knowledge going in. This should give you a start. Sometimes you can see what others have done from there signatures. Just let me warn you. If you get a reply from someone who goes by the name Burned, be aware! Reading his signature is like reading War and Peace. It may take awhile to get through it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have fun, Paul

Welcome!

mnelson and burned and the rest will get you set up right. I'll just chip in with my standard, "Get radiator guards!" Those rads are like wet noodles so save yourself some cash in the long run and protect em.

It really made qiet a bit of difference, but it is very difficult for me to pass proper judgement as I have just parked my 2-smoke and am probably comparing the DRZ against that.

The DRZ is not lacking any power, I would just like for it to hit a little quicker (harder). I am drilling the stock exhaust tonight, if that doesn't do it I'll try a different pipe.

G;Day mate and welcome ,I'll presume you in the states,but some of the guys have tried the end cap from an Ozy company called B&B alluminium you should be able to find them at b&baluminium.com.au they claim to be quieter than stock and add more HP so have a look it may be what your after,

IAN

Welcome!! Yea, B&B makes sone pretty nice stuff. I gonna get the skid plate and the chain case gaurd from them when I get the $$$. I new also(to the DRZ, and the forum), despite the searching I do in here, I usually like to post and bore the guys with rookie questions anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ Have fun!

Thump DR, I took the carb off to rejet. Just felt like the thing to do. Not sure if you can do it any other way.

I did all the drilling to the stock pipe as recommended with decent results, but will explore an after market option.

Any advice?

Wolf I have decided on the White Brothers E-Series S-Bend after reading some good reviews here and knowing friends with first-hand experience.

I ride out away from homes so the noise won't be an issue but they do sell a quiet core that slips in if I need it. I'll report my results when the pipe arrives.