Carolina Riders Connection

Jay threw that date out there. I will be checking with my contact to see if that will be a problem. we will need to make sure no one else is out there riding if we race, well, that still may not be a problem. when Jesse goes by, you will hardly notice...?

Excellent!

Hopefully that will work.

I'm looking forward to riding "18".

Hey All!

Pencil me in Gmoss. Sounds like you got past the squeeze on your pocketbook... Congrats.

A Jan race sounds kinda fun. Anybody willing to team up with an out of shape old man?

I signed a contract for a full-time permanent position! I feel pretty lucky that I scored a job this time in the year and especially with thousands of people loosing their jobs right now.

Woodsy, congratulations!!? these are tough times to find a job, every position I apply for has many, many applicants. Times are still tight for me, we have had to make some drastic changes to our lifestyle, but it is working. Sold both vehicles and downsized, not eating out, shoppin at the Aldi:smirk: , etc.

One year I raced a team race there, it was spittin snow. That was a good time.

My friend with the KX says he wants to come, help, maybe run sweep.

Sniper, that sucks, we will see what pans out, nothing in concrete yet.

Jay, Woodsrider and Crash.... Could I sway you guys into going to Brushy instead of CAW this Saturday? Already had a ride planned there, here are the details, should be a large group.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710207

Also Footy, Zoomer, and that whole gang are going as well, with Quads and dirtbikes.

Sorry Gyro I can't commit 18 hours of Saturday to fun. I can get close to a full day of riding and still have some day left to take care of business. Since I'm still working through the agency I don't get paid for holidays so I have to work this weekend to make the hours up.

Have fun at Brushy and I'm sure we'll hook up soon!

Woodsy, congratulations!!? these are tough times to find a job, every position I apply for has many, many applicants. Times are still tight for me, we have had to make some drastic changes to our lifestyle, but it is working. Sold both vehicles and downsized, not eating out, shoppin at the Aldi:smirk: , etc.

Thanks Gmoss.

Yeah I've had to cut back as well and still are still very scary out there.

Cheers!

Yeap, better plan it for a different weekend Gmossy, Several of us are planning to go back to Durhamtown that weekend.

there will be some that can't make it no matter which weekend is chosen. It will also depend on what's going on there and when my connection can go. If some miss out, oh well. I will try to accomodate everyone if possible to minimize the absentees.

we'll see.

Sorry Gyro I can't commit 18 hours of Saturday to fun. I can get close to a full day of riding and still have some day left to take care of business. Since I'm still working through the agency I don't get paid for holidays so I have to work this weekend to make the hours up.

Have fun at Brushy and I'm sure we'll hook up soon!

Sorry Gyro... I'm afraid its a ditto for me too. Got things to do, money to save, and a hot woman in my life to make smile.

However, since it's 30 degrees out in the mornings does that mean all you CAW riders still wanna be there at the crack A** of dawn???

Stick is out, no bike at the moment, Chicken call me or I'll check this post tonight... Woods Call me tonight would ya. Jays... I'll see you there! Where is Parlock??? Think he can come out and play yet?

As far as the 18 race... well why don't Gyro, snipper and etc. just decide to come out and race and go to wherever some other time??? Choices! But I can go except for the 7th of DEC. Xmas weekend, or New Years weekend. Hope we can all work something out!

As far as the 18 race... well why don't Gyro, snipper and etc. just decide to come out and race and go to wherever some other time??? Choices! But I can go except for the 7th of DEC. Xmas weekend, or New Years weekend. Hope we can all work something out!

that's what I was kind of thinking...but didn't come right out and say it.?

I am checking...

Sorry Gyro... I'm afraid its a ditto for me too. Got things to do, money to save, and a hot woman in my life to make smile.

However, since it's 30 degrees out in the mornings does that mean all you CAW riders still wanna be there at the crack A** of dawn???

Stick is out, no bike at the moment, Chicken call me or I'll check this post tonight... Woods Call me tonight would ya. Jays... I'll see you there! Where is Parlock??? Think he can come out and play yet?

It's gonna be crazy ass cold...so I'm not planning on rolling until around 10AM.

See you guys tomorrow!

-Jay

It's gonna be crazy ass cold...so I'm not planning on rolling until around 10AM.

See you guys tomorrow!

-Jay

Hmm... does he mean be there at 10am or leave his house??? Well my stuff is loaded and even running in advance this time, It looks like woods, jays, chicken and myself right now. If you guys check this between now and leaving the house how bout give me a shout. Otherwise I'll be a long about 10 or so.

You guys have a good time at CAW, I wish I could be like Superman and be able to ride at Brushy for a few hours and then CAW a few hours, that way I could ride with both groups tomorrow, but alas, I am not superman and I can't get from the NC mountains to the SC hills fast enough to make it happen. Catch you guys next time.

Parlock had a fire under his house and is MIA.... I left him a message on Monday to call if he wanted to ride this weekend, It's friday nite and still no call. I suspect he is still busy messing with house repairs.

As for the " Race " at Gmoss' secret " 18 " riding area, just set a date and either we will be there or not. I would love to go, but we had such a good time at Durhamtown a few weeks ago we decided to do another trip down there before the year is over, and that weekend was the weekend we set a date on. As much as I would love to ride in this practice race, a good ride at Durhamtown is hard to beat. AS Always...... all of you guys are invited to come join us at Durhamtown that weekend.

See those of you going to Brushy tomorrow at around 10ish. Cheers!

Derek (stickboy) and Hopper -

Me and a few members of the Asheville Team Orange crew are heading down to Enoree tomorrow, if y'all don't have anything better going on. We're leaving town around 8:30, puts us in the lot around 10:15 - call it 10:30.

If you're around, look for a Black Excursion diesel, a couple 3-hunnys, a 450, and a beat-ass old KX250 - that'll be us!

Fred Schuldt

-the cold tire dude from last weekend-

Me and a few members of the Asheville Team Orange crew are heading down to Enoree tomorrow, if y'all don't have anything better going on. We're leaving town around 8:30, puts us in the lot around 10:15 - call it 10:30.

If you're around, look for a Black Excursion diesel, a couple 3-hunnys, a 450, and a beat-ass old KX250 - that'll be us!

Fred Schuldt

Curosity strikes:ride: Who are the members of Asheville Team Orange:thinking: I am near Bakersville,approx.10 min from Spruce Pine:thumbsup:

Fred Schuldt

Hey Fred. I won't be out there. We are still waiting for parts for me forks to come in from some other country, and I have a family think tomorrow. I'll be looking to ride as soon as the parts can be sorced to repair my old bike.

Fred Schuldt

Ford Diesel's...great stuff. :bonk: I did not make it to Enoree today...but I am going tomorrow. Red F350 crew diesel, SRW. XR650R. Hope to see ya there!

Nice truck, I have a red CC LB dually. Early 99

nice! :bonk: Mine is a long bed too, 4x4...makes it interesting in small parking lots etc. It is a very early 2003, last of the 7.3L, what they stuffed in when the 6.0's were not ready on time. Lucky for me, that was what I wanted. Just slightly over 100K and still feels like brand new. Wanted a dually, but at the time, it was my only cage and I had to be downtown everyday. No where to park a long beast with extended fenders and wheels!

Still planning on Enoree today.