YZ 250 to YZ 250F Converts

I have ridden and raced 2 strokes all my life and was thinking about making a change. Right now I have an '01 CR 250 and '02 YZ 250 and I am contemplating buying an '03 YZ 250F. I race MX and Hare Scrambles w/ an emphasis on offroad. Any converts out there that can tell me their experience with making this change? If so, were you faster or slower on the 250F?

I have both 250's. I race faster on the 2 stroke but can ride more laps on the 4 stroke. If I am in shape I race the YZ250 2 stroke. If I have been working alot and not in shape or riding much, I ride the 250F. Lap times are about 2-3 seconds slower on the 250F at the local track (1:30 sec lap times)

i went from a '98yz250 to the '01yz250f.

night and day difference.

the 98 was made for sx with its huge midrange hit. wore me out racing harescrambles.

the '02yz250 is a NICE bike. no big hit.

the 03 is supposedly even nicer.

all depends on what class you wanna run.

the 250F MUST race in the 250cc class or 4strk class (or age) for offroad. unlike mx/sx it can NOT race in the 125 class for a harescramble. imho, this ama rule bites!

A year and a half ago I made a similar decision when I sold my '01 CR250 and bought a new '01 YZ250F. I was instantly confortable with the 250F, and I feel that I couldn't have made a better trade. So much that I bought an '02 when they came out and will soon trade it for an '03.

If you look at a single lap time, I was probably faster on the 2 stroke. But with the 250F I can ride longer motos without getting as tired. I'm also crashing a lot less, because its a more predictable bike.

Good luck.