Watter Wetter

Anyone evr used this stuff? I went out today and bought a 12 oz. bottle because I have had a few times, (when the bike was parked and checking air/fuel, or those slow, steep trails) that it has slightly boiled over. The mix in the radiator looks clean and bright so I think it's fairly new. (bought 6 months ago and running with it)

I just wanted to know if this stuff really works and do I need to drain the existing mix out for a good mix of the Wetter, or just add a few capfuls to the existing mix ?

Thanks in advance guys!

Water is the best coolant available...it just doesnt have any lubricating qualities. It will run as much as 20 degrees cooler than antifreeze. Water wetter is an excellant product...I have used it for several years as antifreeze isnt legal in the pro ranks(dirttrack).Just remember it has no antifreeze qualities when it gets cold!

Silkolene ProCool is also and excellant alternative!

OK. How much should I add or should I start from scratch?

It says with a mix of WW and water it will cool as low as 202 degrees. But to leave at least 15% anti-freeze in the mix as well. Also states that actually LESS anti-freeze in the mix, the better.

I am just curious if I can go ahead and add it too the mix I have and prevent boiling over when idled?

I would recommend starting over...drain your system...add DISTILLED water to the top of the rad tubes...add the recommended amount of water wetter(few ounces)...top off with water...run up to operating temp...let cool down and top off again with water...when it gets back up to temp, it will probably displace a little coolant...not to worry. Remember coolant expands when it gets hot.

Anti-freeze also has some lubricating properties that I don't think (this is an assumption) that Water Wetter does not.

I use a small amount of anti-freeze, the recommended amount of Water Wetter, and the rest is distilled.

It gets hot, which we want, but I don't think I've seen it boil over.

DaveJ

Thanks for all the great advice guys!

I asked the guy at the shop where I bought the WW and they didn't have a clue as to what to do with it. Isn't that typical? ?

I knew I would just have to come home and post it. Dealers RARELY give me good advice. Proves once again that TT is where it's at! Once again....Thanks!

I use 50% distilled water and 50% antifreeze plus water-wetter.

I run this year round, works great and no problems.

I think it says on the water-wetter container how much to use. Just check the manual to get the total quantity of coolent.

I think the antifreeze protects against corrosion, plus it gets cold here.

Rich

My bike used to puke antifreeze out the overflow all the time. I use a 50/50 mix along with 4 capfuls of WW and I haven't had a problem since. I also stopped filling the radiator up to the neck. So was it the WW or not filling it up as much? I don't know but I won't stop using WW.

You are supposed to fill it up all the way, but the coolant expands and a little comes out. It shouldn't be spilling all over the place, just a few drips. I fill it up all the way, and then when I check the level, I just make shure I can see some above the fins