Suspension Question

Are the forks and shock body on the 01 426 the same as the 250f, anybody know? I know the valving and spring rates differ but are the actual componants the same? Why you ask. Because when we bought my wifes bike, the owner had racetech do the works for a 220lbs MXer. I am 200lbs so with the difference in weight of the bikes that should be about right. Then we could send the suspension off my bike into FactoryConnection and get it setup for her and shortened. Kind of the two birds one stone idea. Two custom valvings, one bill. I know the forks fit, but how about the shock. Can anybody look this up for me?

Cyrus

Not sure if they are the same, I think they are. However, given the difference in the wieght of the bike, the valving will be off. If you make the change, make sure the guy also gives you the spare shims. I recommend you just revalve the bike to your wife's wieght and send yours out. To revalve the fork is a 20 minute job. You don't even have to remove the forks. The shock takes longer, but isn't all that difficult. PM me if you want to give this a try.

I have revalved forks before. Not to hard. The suspension on the 250f was set up for 220lbs. I am 200lbs. The 426 weighs about 15-20 more than the 250f so I figure that puts it just about right. Unless the linkage for one is different. I checked the mx-tech site and they list the same part numbers for seals, pistons and springs, just different rates. I have the parts fish for the 426, anybody have one for the 250 I can compare?

Cyrus