Sign in to follow this  

KLX 300 carb issues???

I'm having issues getting my bike to idle. Everything was fine before, but recently I can't seem to get the idle right. If I turn the idle where I like it the motor will eventually die. So the only way I can get it to keep running is to turn the idle up, but then it is idling too high. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Pull the carb and take a look at the pilot jet. Good chance something is restricting it.

Ride on

Brewster

I'm having issues getting my bike to idle. Everything was fine before, but recently I can't seem to get the idle right. If I turn the idle where I like it the motor will eventually die. So the only way I can get it to keep running is to turn the idle up, but then it is idling too high. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Time to check your valves.

Well I took the carb apart and it was extremly clean. No clogs or issues found. Looks like I'll be looking at the valves next. I have to say though I'm a little nervous messing with them, but I guess I gotta learn someday?:cool:

Well I took the carb apart and it was extremly clean. No clogs or issues found. Looks like I'll be looking at the valves next. I have to say though I'm a little nervous messing with them, but I guess I gotta learn someday?:cool:

Checking valve clearance doesn't change any of the settings. Changing the clearance just takes a bit more time and thought.

Ride on

Brewster