Riding in DEC.

I am planning a trip down south(from Canada)near the beginning of Dec. Planning on hitting North and South Carolina,Georgia and then into Florida. Wondering if anyone has any input on places to ride or if anyone is interested in hooking up to do some riding. Jacksonvile NC, Turkey Creek SC, TNT SC, Pax Trax FL, North Florida and Hardrock are my destinations so far. Any input would be appreciated I am thinking maybe 2 weeks hitting as many places as possible before X-mas.MIKE 🙂

If you get up into Northwest Florida, you should check out the Northwest Florida Motocross Track. It's located in Milton, which is between Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola on the I-10. I used to race there about 10 years ago and always thought it was the best track I had ever raced on. This past December I went back there to visit family and stopped by the track to reminice (I remember Kevin Windham lapping me on his 80 and I was on a 250!! Wait, maybe he was on a 60. 🙂.) The track is better than ever! The track is long and fast and they always have it perfectly groomed. We have some really great tracks here in SoCal, but I still think West Florida ranks number one on my list. The only thing is I'm not sure if they are open during the week. Do a search on the internet and I'm sure you can find out that info.

Hit Nor Cal. There are great riding areas here. Permitting we get a little rain. Carnegie in Livermore and Hollister Hills are great riding area's. There is stuff in the Mendocino forest. Stonyford is supposed to be awesome. Will be riding it for the first time on Thanksgiving. Also Clear Creek is a huge riding area. It is too easy to get lost at though. Take a look at

http://www.ca.blm.gov/caso/ohv.html

http://www.ama-d36.org/Tr/

Lots of riding to do here. Good luck 🙂

36 hrs is worth it mike. i've done the east to west coast thing several times and it's not a bad trip. especially when you look in the back of the truck and see your ride waiting patiently to be used. and your bike should be there too. heh, j/k. seriously though, if you can get out to southern cal, there is just about any kind of riding you could want. i know it's too far, but hey, maybe someday.