Air or no air?

Well, I've finnaly got my VOR back together and had a few rides on it, and noticed that I get really bad chatter from the front. The other day I was messing w/ the adjusters and noticed they had no effect, the forks were still really stiff and would barely compress more than a couple inches. So I'm poking around and find this philips head screw on the top of the fork leg. Being the engineer that I am, I of course unscrewed it, not know ing what it was. As I'm unscrewing I hear this 'pssssss', apparently there was some air trapped in the fork legs. I drained all the air, and the fork works way better now... My question is, is there supposed to be air in there? I've rebuilt my gsxr forks and the only air in there is what's left over from the oil height, and it's definetly not under any pressure.

Anybody know what makes these paoli forks tick? I haven't found much online about them...

-Joshua 🙂

Before every day of riding would be best... that is why they put those screws there. An aftermarket company that I can't recall right now makes schrader valves that thread into those air bleed holes and then all you need to do is tap the top of the valve and it bleeds the air, no tool required.