Sign in to follow this  

MXA 2008 450 shootout

DirtRIder did a report on the 450s and didn't even include the RMZ! March addition!Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, KTM! no RMZ? guess since Ricky isn't running it doesn't exist anymore

Say what you want positive or negative about the 08 Suzuki....but this bike is so plaged with problems for a first year attempt that Suzuki will not even release them way after they have been assembled. I applaud them for this, as liability from failures and accidents are not what is in Suzuki's best interest. Ironically this reminds me of the TM400 from the 1970s. I hate mag bike test also, too many different variables to be 100% objective, but come on...there is a inherent problem here. Releasing the 08s to proracers is one thing...releasing them to the general masses is another, as most TM400 owners found out....Hello, anyone else remember this?

This 08 is completely different than any previous RMZ and in my opinion should have been released as a 09 to work all this crap out before production runs. The potential is there.....just not yet :applause:

I remember well! Used to see adds in the newspaper saying "For sale, Suzuki TM400. Ridden only once". You'd go to see the bike in person, and the owner would come out on crutches with his leg in a cast after the TM threw him off on his first ride!

You realized Dirtbike and MXA are owned by the same publisher right.

Erik

Different writers and testers though,thats what make the difference

Different writers and testers though,thats what make the difference

yeah just like you and me, some will like the bike and some wont.

I dont understand why all you people are bashin on the Rmz 450 2008 already because no one really has one yet, you are only making bold predictions and many of you doesnt even seem to understand what EFI really is about. Yeah many of us who are waiting for one is bummed because the bike is so late, but i rather have a finished bike that have the bugs worked out instead of realising a bike that arent finished (kxf/rmz 2004, crf 450 2002). And still the Rmz is atleast 7 months earlier than any other bike with EFI. Also i don't understand what so many people who belongs to the CRF 450, KX 450F and YZ 450F forum are here doing nothing but bashing on the Rmz 450 wich none of them have never seen in real life let alone tested one.

Yamaha Wr250x has EFI, Aprilia dirt bikes have EFI, GasGas bikes have EFI.

Suzuki is not a leader in EFI in any way shape or form in relation to dirt bikes.

You have to realize the difference between the two magazine's Dirt Rider is for trail riders not hard core motocross. So the low to mid power of the RMZ makes sense for them. On the other hand MXA is all about going fast and winning races which in turn means spinning a lot of rpm where the suzuki doesn't have it according to them. The suzuki will be great for some and not so great for others, everybody is of different riding skill. When the bike comes out you pick it according to your needs and wants. Thats all but to the guy who is freaking out about people coming on here and bashing suzuki there is no problem getting pissed about a bull$hit product that is released. I will tell you what my 07 CRF250r has had gearbox problems and believe me Honda has heard all about it. I dont like forking over $8624.00 on a new bike that is not able to take race abuse. Just deliver what you advertise to the consumer thats all nothing wrong with picking something apart because I work hard for my coin!

Yamaha Wr250x has EFI, Aprilia dirt bikes have EFI, GasGas bikes have EFI.

Suzuki is not a leader in EFI in any way shape or form in relation to dirt bikes.

What i meant was that suzuki was alone of the big five (Yamaha, Honda, Ktm Kawasaki and Suzuki) to put EFI on a mx bike.

You have to realize the difference between the two magazine's Dirt Rider is for trail riders not hard core motocross. So the low to mid power of the RMZ makes sense for them. On the other hand MXA is all about going fast and winning races which in turn means spinning a lot of rpm where the suzuki doesn't have it according to them. The suzuki will be great for some and not so great for others, everybody is of different riding skill. When the bike comes out you pick it according to your needs and wants. Thats all but to the guy who is freaking out about people coming on here and bashing suzuki there is no problem getting pissed about a bull$hit product that is released. I will tell you what my 07 CRF250r has had gearbox problems and believe me Honda has heard all about it. I dont like forking over $8624.00 on a new bike that is not able to take race abuse. Just deliver what you advertise to the consumer thats all nothing wrong with picking something apart because I work hard for my coin!

Nobody mentioned Dirt Rider, It's MXA & Dirt Bike that were the issue here.

I remember well! Used to see adds in the newspaper saying "For sale, Suzuki TM400. Ridden only once". You'd go to see the bike in person, and the owner would come out on crutches with his leg in a cast after the TM threw him off on his first ride!

Thats hilarious :applause:

Just buy Honda.....then we can all agree with the mags. Why buy anything else? Really, Why?

because i dont wat to replace valves at 40 hours....when i can get a KTM or Yamaha that will get 100+ hours without valve movement.

:applause:

TM 400 or RM 400? Little before my time http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/572342992.html

The TM 400 came out in 1971(Iwas 17!). i read about it in Cycle Guide and they weren't too harsh on it but several other publications since have reminisced about what lousy handling bikes they were. They spawned the TS 400 enduro( a fun beasty to ride!). Honda released the cr Elsinores in '73 and the other Jap motocrossers were kind of forgotten for a couple of years including the TM 400.

Just because Suzuki came out with efi first doesnt mean that big red and big green arent way ahead of them already. It may mean honda and kawi are going to wait until they get it perfect. Close doesnt count it pisses people off.

• Like 1

Just because Suzuki came out with efi first doesnt mean that big red and big green arent way ahead of them already. It may mean honda and kawi are going to wait until they get it perfect. Close doesnt count it pisses people off.

And whats wrong with the Suzuki EFI?

uhh unless honda and kawi are releasing an efi 450 in the next 2 weeks then it does mean suzuki is ahead of them.

any 1st year bike will have a few issues.....that being said when hon and the rest are learning their first year suz will already have it dialed........good for them and i dont even own one! MXA famous quote to up everything 2 spring rates and drop the oil height.........that doesnt quite work for every level of rider.........

uhh unless honda and kawi are releasing an efi 450 in the next 2 weeks then it does mean suzuki is ahead of them.
wrong! you have to put them into production to accurately evaluate them and find long term flaws........just like hondas oversize carb on their 250-450 that they still havnt fixed.......or the dual pipe that actually performs better with one..........I do own a honda 07 450 too.