Computer nerds!! HELP!!!!!

If you did a "complete recover", than you back to -square one-. usually a recover disk starts with a full hard disc format.

you lost it all ?

unless your hard drive was partitioned in to 2 and you had important documents saved there.

or you may have used floppys to same some info like bank info and such.

sorry....

If you mean that you used the OEM recovery cd, yes your data is gone and your computer is in a like new condition software wise. Of course you can just restore you data from your backup media, you did have a backup right?!?!?!?! Actually I used to work closely with Drive Savers, they are the biggest data recovery company in the US, and our rep there would say, "It's not if your drive will fail, it's when". Actually if you had important information that you really need, you should give them a call they can probably still recover your data, but they aren't cheap.

Depending on what his definition is of recovery

data can still be on the Drive. If the recover mearly just installed a new copy and left the drive alone (Aka Format) thene the data is still there. and in its appropriate directories, but not linked to Windows and it would not show... If in fact he did a complete I agree the stages of this would be to format the drive. Most of the data can be deleted.

DrBillZ try this

go to Executive Software In the lower right corner you will find a link to a data recovery or file recover tool. it is a free trial. Run it, if it picks stuff up you need then buy it it will recover it

If you have already loaded the OEM recovery CD than you will not be able to recover any data no matter what. When you delete files they are not actually deleted, they are not really delete until your system overwrites that space on your HD. It sounds like you are SOL, and anyways most companies that specilize in data recovery charge a ton of $. In the future if you have critical data that can't be replaced, backup your files onto a zip drive. That is the cheapest insurance.

I used an OEM recovery disc, yes. And NO it isn't backed up(recently). I do have the pertentent data backed up from a while back and I think I can get most of it back. Recently added stuff will need to be added back in. I have a call in to the software folks. This software went from DOS to Windows just a year ago and it does import DOS (the form my data is stored) pretty easily.

Stay tuned............

-Bill, I will backup regularly from now on, Malec