Sign in to follow this  

torque specs?

2006 CRF450R:

Cylinder Head Cover Bolts, Cylinder Head Bolts and Cylinder Bolts - 7 lb/ft; 10 Nm

Sorry that I can't give you more than that...

2006 CRF450R:

Cylinder Head Cover Bolts, Cylinder Head Bolts and Cylinder Bolts - 7 lb/ft; 10 Nm

Sorry that I can't give you more than that...

7 foot pounds on the cylinder head?

I can see and hear that leak from here! :busted:

7 foot pounds on the cylinder head?

I can see and hear that leak from here! :busted:

Straight out of the 2006 Honda Owner's Manual, page 144.

I've never been one to toss out random hit or miss technical info. I call it by the book or I don't call it. If the book is wrong, well...

Torquespecs.jpg

sonobob...dude...I had a feeling thats what you were posting.

The studs that actually hold the head down are 43 foot pounds.

funny shit though...talk about a mis-communication...

If I were callin you out wouldnt have put the :busted: in the thread.

FYI...hand tight on those valve cover bolts. And I mean hand tight...Those things butt down steel to aluminum casting. I turn them in until they stop and then just snug them an eighth of a turn more, if even that. The amount of thread into the head on the bolt is just a tad short for my tastes and 7 foot lbs. More like 40 INCH pounds. Or hand tight with a 1/4" drive ratchet.

If I were callin you out wouldnt have put the :ride: in the thread.

FYI...hand tight on those valve cover bolts. And I mean hand tight...Those things butt down steel to aluminum casting. I turn them in until they stop and then just snug them an eighth of a turn more, if even that. The amount of thread into the head on the bolt is just a tad short for my tastes and 7 foot lbs. More like 40 INCH pounds. Or hand tight with a 1/4" drive ratchet.

I gotcha.:busted:

I knew those bolts were only covering maybe the last 5% of the entire procedure, and I didn't have the rest of it in front of me...not the Honda publication, anyway. And even it can be a little over the top at times...except for those of us that are firm believers in changing out the piston every 15 hours.:worthy:

If I were callin you out wouldnt have put the :worthy: in the thread.

+1 - Broke one off following the touque specs. Luckily I got it out easy with an extractor. :busted:

Still nobody has answered his question. Thats funny. The head bolts are 44 foot pounds. The cam holder bolts, four in total, are 15 foot pounds or 180 inch punds. I say inch pounds because you should be using a micro torque for the cam holder bolts. Also, of the four bolts in the cam holder the two foreward ones are slightly longer than the two rear ones. Make sure you put them back in the right spot or you will be sad.

Later

Why don't people spend the xtra few $ and get a shop manual???

My situation isn't $ related, it's more of a forgetfulness-induced disease. :busted: