How 2 Lighten the DRZ 400S

+1 on the headlight... i just put on an acerbis cyclops and that little thing weights nothing..... the stocker is a tank.

+2 on the headlight. I put on a Polisport Halo and it makes a discernable difference to the feel of the bike.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bermudacat said:

My favorite weight saver is this horn.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-12V-100db-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Scooter-Bike-Horn-Loud-Tone-Sound-E-F/142653409496?hash=item2136ce48d8:g:NcsAAOSwAKxWYPU5&vxp=mtr

Plug and play. Saves 6oz for $2.50; did I mention it's plug and play? :D

Have you run one of these yourself?  I am always looking for a better/louder way to get the damn bears off the trail before I come through at 100kph+ The stock unit quits for a while at  every water/puddle crossing.

• Like 2

Can't say whether it's louder, only lighter. The stock horn and bracket are a whopping 9oz! :eek:

1 minute ago, Bermudacat said:

Can't say whether it's louder, only lighter. The stock horn and bracket are a whopping 9oz! :eek:

So, not used, just weighed. K

Used, just not measured with my dB meter. It is DOT compliant with a rated 100dB, which is what matters to me. Never had the stocker fail in any condition.

On 23/08/2017 at 0:23 AM, Bermudacat said:

Seems Remy Battery has really good prices.

:thumbsup:

Are you ambitious enough to pull the starter motor and swap in a kicker?  

6 minutes ago, Stuwy123 said:

Are you ambitious enough to pull the starter motor and swap in a kicker?  

Omg. It's so not worth it to swap for the kicker, im sorry, I am for the Mods but this is not necessary unless your racing, maybe... 

Also this freaking bike will still be HEAVY with the kicker, i have been on uneven single track hills where after a crash/(Mis calculated lay down) "MCLD" , i was so happy to have the electric start cause the kicker would have made me tumble down the hill. 

Ok maybe it' ok if you have the parts and you know how to do everything yourself then ok. The amount of weight your going to save is not going to be enough to make you pro level my dude.... on my stock drz I make the Orange KTM boys raise a EYE brow and come up to me afterwards, like 440 kit? What class do you race? Inside I'm like (YEEEAAH BOY👍)

The Key is to ride to the DRZ limit!  This bike handles well. Many people dont use the fullest out of a bike. They just want 60+ horses & wont even use all the horses. (Unless you are racing) 

Keep the thottle pinned🤣 dont use the brakes😂  and have a strong upper body so you can throw that 300 pound monster around. 

Thats it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Trail_Dude said:

Omg. It's so not worth it to swap for the kicker, im sorry, I am for the Mods but this is not necessary unless your racing, maybe... 

Also this freaking bike will still be HEAVY with the kicker, i have been on uneven single track hills where after a crash/(Mis calculated lay down) "MCLD" , i was so happy to have the electric start cause the kicker would have made me tumble down the hill. 

Ok maybe it' ok if you have the parts and you know how to do everything yourself then ok. The amount of weight your going to save is not going to be enough to make you pro level my dude.... on my stock drz I make the Orange KTM boys raise a EYE brow and come up to me afterwards, like 440 kit? What class do you race? Inside I'm like (YEEEAAH BOY👍)

The Key is to ride to the DRZ limit!  This bike handles well. Many people dont use the fullest out of a bike. They just want 60+ horses & wont even use all the horses. (Unless you are racing) 

Keep the thottle pinned🤣 dont use the brakes😂  and have a strong upper body so you can throw that 300 pound monster around. 

Thats it. 

Then after that get on a 125 2 stroke for single track! Omg ..... it feels like handle bars and wheels....  😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trail_Dude said:

throw that 300 pound monster around. 

I agree 100% regarding swapping to kicker only. I watch my buddy with his CRF450R struggle to start it at every occassion (hot, cold, in the mud, in the sticks, on a hill, in traffic).  

I wouldn't trade my electric start for anything.  

You wanna talk a heavy DRZ?  

My ice tires are 30lbs a piece.  

I also have a snow bike kit. 

I haven't weighed my DRZ with the snow kit but it's probably around 60lbs heavier. 

• Like 1