LTR or ACE?

Getting ready to send my forks in on my '05 TC250. Considering both LTR and ACE. I've read nothing but great things about both. It seems the ACE rebuild might be a bit more comprehensive? Other than location, is there any reason to chose one of these shops over the other? Thanks!

I did alot of looking and I'm going with ACE. Harvey knows the trails I ride and knows his huskys. The two most important things to me.

I was going to pull the forks today and ship them tomorrow. I ended up riding instead. So I can't say for myself but I haven't been able to find anyone that wasn't happy with his work. Les has a cult following as well and I think they are both very capable.

Getting ready to send my forks in on my '05 TC250. Considering both LTR and ACE. I've read nothing but great things about both. It seems the ACE rebuild might be a bit more comprehensive? Other than location, is there any reason to chose one of these shops over the other? Thanks!

I can't see how ACE's rebuild would be "more comprehensive" than that of LTR - Les at LTR completely disassembles the fork - including disassembly and inspection/valving within the cartridge - some forks are modified more than others depending on the application. I have seen him do a few sets myself.

I did notice another post where someone mentioned they got back the bladder caps, etc. in a baggy when they had their TC twin chamber marzocchi forks done by ACE. So there is a difference between how they each valve the twin chamber fork -Les at LTR leaves these in place. I'll leave it to others to argue the merits or issues related to a twin chamber fork, etc.

From what I see here both companies have very good reputations with the husky crowd - Les @ LTR specialize in gasgas/husky stuff - both bikes use marzocchi front and sachs rear components. Harvey at ACE also focuses on huskies...

Jeff

P.S. Les @ LTR is a very good friend of mine - so I am most definitely biased! :busted:

I have had my WR250 re-valved by ACE and my WR360 re-valved by Les at LTR. I have to say that both are huge improvements over stock. I think it is hard to compare the two bikes because the power delivery is so different between the two and I have a virtual tractor tire on the WR360 to try to get it hooked up. I had both bikes in St. George, Utah a couple of weeks ago and even though I hurt myself within 45 min of unloading, I did get some feed back on the two bikes suspension from the other guys that were there and tested them out. Consensus was that both suspensions worked extremely well in their application. Both bikes were considered head and shoulders above all the other bikes there suspension wise. The other bikes were a 03 Gas Gas ec250, 02 Husky WR250 with stock suspension, 06 yz250, and a struggling XR250. I know for a fact that the Gas Gas and stock Husky suspension are headed to Les in the near future. Mostly because he is closer geographically than because his suspension re-valve was superior to ACE.

I will do a better comparison later this spring when I get some real ride time in on the two bikes. Another consistent comment was on how stable both Huskies were across the fast, sand whoops and yet still turn better than the other bikes.

I would like to also relate that my experience with both shops was very positive and the work was done in a very timely fashion. Les is very helpful and makes sure that he knows exactly what you want before he proceeds. ACE relies more on your input on their suspension re-valve form, but the results were exactly what I was looking for.

Walt

Thanks guys. I sent them to ACE last week and should have them back this week. Now it would be nice if we could get some riding weather here in the midwest. Appreciate the feedback.:applause:

T

Thats funny I just sent mine today. Hopefully we will both be fully satisfied and ride faster than ever before.??

Are you getting your TC valved for trail riding or MX?

I spend about half my time riding hare scrambles/trail riding and the other half at the track. I know... two completely different types/styles of riding. I mentioned that to Harvey and he didn't ask me which way I would prefer to have it setup. I'm assuming he'll try to find a happy medium. Anything would be an improvement over the stock setup. The only time I could get the stock setup working well for me was in Colorado riding rocky, open terrain at higher speeds. While I was out there, I also rode at Thunder Valley and thought I was going to break my wrists coming off some of the bigger stuff. The arm pump was unbelievable. As soon as I get them back and get some hours on them, I'll post some feedback. Going back to CO for the AMA race in June.... just spectating of course. :applause: Will log plenty of hours between now and then. ?

I spend about half my time riding hare scrambles/trail riding and the other half at the track. I know... two completely different types/styles of riding. I mentioned that to Harvey and he didn't ask me which way I would prefer to have it setup. I'm assuming he'll try to find a happy medium. Anything would be an improvement over the stock setup. The only time I could get the stock setup working well for me was in Colorado riding rocky, open terrain at higher speeds. While I was out there, I also rode at Thunder Valley and thought I was going to break my wrists coming off some of the bigger stuff. The arm pump was unbelievable. As soon as I get them back and get some hours on them, I'll post some feedback. Going back to CO for the AMA race in June.... just spectating of course. :applause: Will log plenty of hours between now and then. ?

LOL, I felt like I was getting bitch slapped off a small 40 ft. table top. Yeah Harvey just said he would make it work. Norman referred him to me and if it doesnt work, I can just blame him.?

That's kind of what I'm looking at...though probably going to be more 75% track 25% mountain single track and dez.