Sign in to follow this  

cr85 xr00 conversion

Dude,What the hell is wrong with you?The bike looks very good for a home brewed low budget bike.I bet money you couldn't do better if you had to.

This man has his blood, sweat,tears,and hard earned cash in this project,and for you to come on here and voice a negitive openion like this is just wrong.:thumbsdn:I would love to build a bike this,and it's a insperation to what's possible with some hear work.

Well i guess i could of lied.....Ya its nice, but imo he could of put a little more time into figuring out the kickstart, exhaust and a few others. If your gonna do something like this dont half arse it. Take your time and make it right. Im not gonna say that i could of done a better job, but i would of def. payed alot more attention to detail when it comes to the little stuff.

Well i guess i could of lied.....Ya its nice, but imo he could of put a little more time into figuring out the kickstart, exhaust and a few others. If your gonna do something like this dont half arse it. Take your time and make it right. Im not gonna say that i could of done a better job, but i would of def. payed alot more attention to detail when it comes to the little stuff.

yea, you COULD have lied... or, you couldve kept your completely uneduated opinion to yourself. no one is forcing you to hit the reply button. there is no reason to be an asshat.

yea, you COULD have lied... or, you couldve kept your completely uneduated opinion to yourself. no one is forcing you to hit the reply button. there is no reason to be an asshat.

How is that an uneducated opinion? Come on seriously a kick start up against the frame. Thats not gonna work man. Im just stating my opinion. Thanks for the bad gas also, i will remember not to state anymore opinions on this forum....Looks like your in Texas also, i hope ya race the Torcs series maybe we can talk about uneducated opinions at the next race.

I have built one, it isn't easy and there are a lot of things you could never anticapate. I spent a very lnog time thinking, reseaching, measuring and drawing. My hat is off to anyone who has got off there butt made something. With a little grinding, a XR 200 kick stater fits nicely.

How is that an uneducated opinion? Come on seriously a kick start up against the frame. Thats not gonna work man. Im just stating my opinion. Thanks for the bad gas also, i will remember not to state anymore opinions on this forum....Looks like your in Texas also, i hope ya race the Torcs series maybe we can talk about uneducated opinions at the next race.

Honestly bud, do some research before bashing the accomplished people on this forum. Take a look at the professional DMC conversions, there is absolutely no way to tuck the kick starter in farther. The xr100 kick starter pivots at the part your foot presses against, not where it connects to the shaft like many other bikes. If you positioned the motor farther to the left the sprockets would not line up. Even the stock XR100 kick starter sticks out past the frame! As far as the exhaust, thats not even worth an explanation....:prof:

I have built one, it isn't easy and there are a lot of things you could never anticapate. I spent a very lnog time thinking, reseaching, measuring and drawing. My hat is off to anyone who has got off there butt made something. With a little grinding, a XR 200 kick stater fits nicely.

Thank you, you took the time to research and see what works, I think it is a fine conversion, but i think they guy could of done a little better in some areas. For god sakes lets all be men here and accept that somebody didnt agree with everyone else.

I didn't know BBR makes a pipe for a CR85 with an XR100 in it. Good thing someone was here to point it out. What's the part number?

Don't we all need some guy to stand around with a beer and tell us what we didn't do right or could have done better?

Hey gman, you didn't know the kicker wasn't perfect did you?

I didn't know BBR makes a pipe for a CR85 with an XR100 in it. Good thing someone was here to point it out. What's the part number?

Don't we all need some guy to stand around with a beer and tell us what we didn't do right or could have done better?

Hey gman, you didn't know the kicker wasn't perfect did you?

Im just saying im not really that impressed, ya put a different motor in a frame thats not made for it big deal. IN MY OPINION the install is crude, can i not have that opinion? I could have kept my mouth shut, but, i really cant do that, im just not that way, sorry, but, no offense, if u have confidence in your work, who the hell am i? By the way i dont drink beer either.

Well, I guess, you must be a little older to appreciate a conversion like this. These little xr's back in the day were the cat a$$! The grass roots of minis!and started the hole pit bike craze. Company's like BBR, Powell and many others all started with xrs. The pros race all raced xr75. That, eventually turn into conversion.(Evolution my boy)This is something, that I think, is unique, and armored them, for what they are. Hence,my interest in building this bike.

I spent the time to research this conversion,and it is a true home brew. On a budget. I have only about $1500 into this project. With minimal tooling, No lathe, cnc machine or even a real pipe bender! Just your basics, hand grinder, drill press, vice, and a welder. Over all, Iam extremely pleased with the over all out come, and FN proud of it! Its a accomplishment only felt by my self ,and the other,that have BUILT THERE OWN BIKES!

Of course, there is things I wish I could of done differently, But there were out of my reach(at this time$$). Ive completed the biggest hurtle.(motor in the frame) The rest is easy BOLT ONS! Customize it for me! I have defiant plans for a pipe, bigger carb, and up grade the suspension. As for the kick start Clay, I did look into it about three week ago. (after staring at it one night DRINKIN A BEER!)The old Honda cb125 and xl100 have more of a conventional kick, and should bolt on as well.

I had a lot of fun building this bike! It has exceeded, even my expiations. And you,just might, see me do another one in the future.

No regrets!

No regrets!

Exactly, don't let some punk kid in high school who probably never even bought his own bike, worked on it or washed it ruin your day. I wish I could have built my own from the ground up.

Bad gas??

You obviously know nothing about pit bikes or conversions, or else you wouldn't make such asinine comments. If you want to act tough, then we can talk about uneducated opinions this weekend at Cross Creek, as per your request. If the old YZ you have pictures of is any indication of what you still ride, I was the guy with the KTM you parked near at Cycle Ranch recently. If you need to find me, you know who I am. See you this weekend.

I challenge Claykann to build a similar pit bike for $1500.00 or less in let's say 3 months.Maybe he will learn what it's like,and to apriciate the finished product.BTW,we all love the same bikes or we wouldn't be on here,no matter where we live,what we do,or how we are,when we are on here,we are all brothers,and for the most part,we all get along .that's the kewlest time of all!

I'm done preaching.

I challenge Claykann to build a similar pit bike for $1500.00 or less in let's say 3 months.Maybe he will learn what it's like,and to apriciate the finished product.BTW,we all love the same bikes or we wouldn't be on here,no matter where we live,what we do,or how we are,when we are on here,we are all brothers,and for the most part,we all get along .that's the kewlest time of all!

I'm done preaching.

Hook me up, send me $1500 bucks to waste on one of those.

No regrets!

Good for you man. I personally think your bike is awesome. All I gotta say is, a punk is a punk is a punk. Probably pees sitting down too.

Props again for a job WELL done.:prof:

I would challenge clay kann It is harder than it looks to retro motors in different frames.here a list to date of my swaps.

ktm85 to xr 100 engine

cr80 to xr 100 engine

rm80 to xr 100 engine

jr80 to xr 100 engine

kx85 to drz 125 engine

last bike was the hardest I had over 40 hours fab and welding time to make it fit. This bike rips I was offered 2 grand for it and turned it down.

So if you think you can do a better job Clay build one post it and we will tell you what you did wrong.

Got some pics of the KX?

I have a KX100 that I wan't to do for my wife after she grows out of the '81 YZ80 I did for practice. The XR100 looks like a tight fit, I'd like to see the DRZ.

I would challenge clay kann It is harder than it looks to retro motors in different frames.here a list to date of my swaps.

ktm85 to xr 100 engine

I would love to see pics of this conversion.

Never took pic of that one it was for a friend and he sold it but I will try to track it down.I wasn't too bad due to ktm's not using linkage.

I got the idea for kx/drz when I saw pix of a guy from planetminis that did the kx /xr100.he has pics of the build process.Not for a rookie.make the cr project look like a cake walk.I will try to post some pics l8r of the bikes.

Never took pic of that one it was for a friend and he sold it but I will try to track it down.I wasn't too bad due to ktm's not using linkage.

I got the idea for kx/drz when I saw pix of a guy from planetminis that did the kx /xr100.he has pics of the build process.Not for a rookie.make the cr project look like a cake walk.I will try to post some pics l8r of the bikes.

Yeah, the perimeter frame causes major issues for the KX conversion.