XR400 setup??

At that elevation, your jetting is OK. Going to 5000 ft. will give you "fat" jetting. A compromise might be #160 and #60.

Yeah, most of my riding is at that elevation, (900-1500) I make one trip per year to far West Texas (Big Bend area) for a two day ride! what will be the signs of too fat jetting, other than a black plug???:busted:

Yeah, most of my riding is at that elevation, (900-1500) I make one trip per year to far West Texas (Big Bend area) for a two day ride! what will be the signs of too fat jetting, other than a black plug???:busted:

Slightly down on power, maybe some spluttering.

Starting 'may' be a bit harder too.

If you are experiencing no mechanical behavioral problems with the current jetting, I would leave it alone. If it were too fat you would be fouling plugs in addition to having poor performance. I did not notice you posting you were having problems with your set-up, just asking what everyone else was using.

Seems fat to me. What elevation do you spend the most time at? Checked the condition of your plug lately?

When I had my stock carb on my bike, I had 162/62 jetting for around my house at sea level. Once I got up to 4000 feet or so, I would get some sputtering on deceleration and a little down on power. I never fouled a plug or anything, it just wasn't quite as crisp as at sea level. I put in a 155/55 combo for my mountain rides above 4000 feet and it cleaned it right up.

I usually only took the time to switch out the jetting when I was going up to the mountains when I knew we would be going on long rides and I was concerned with fuel mileage. I never had any problems running a little rich up there.

If you are experiencing no mechanical behavioral problems with the current jetting, I would leave it alone. If it were too fat you would be fouling plugs in addition to having poor performance. I did not notice you posting you were having problems with your set-up, just asking what everyone else was using.

No problems so for but I haven't gotten to ride much....working for a living sure gets in the way of riding, ya know:cry: :busted::worthy::ride: