Sign in to follow this  

A dislike for cagers just got worse!

Was just leaving work this evening, when one of the girls i work with walks in and says that she has just backed into my bike!

:blah: :blah: :busted:

***! Its a massive bike with bright graphics and parked in a designated bikers space!

I came out to find it on the floor exhaust side down.

Picker it up and inspected the damage. Luckily only a handguard was cracked and a footpeg slider came off (which i will bolt back on)

She offered to pay for any damage, but i feel as though i shouldnt take up that offer, as 1 hand guard means a whole set at £30 ($60).

My week was pretty crappy already, this just made it even worse! :worthy::ride:

Sorry for the rant!

Grant!

Just be glad that she fessed up... you'd be a lot more pissed if they just drove off.

Very true!

I'm also glad my freind's bikes were not there.

ZX6R and GSXR750.

Now that would have been carnage!

Sorry about your bike but she did the right thing by telling you.

A lot of people would have driven off, so it actually is a rather positive thing.

Hope you have it fixed soon.

You're proly :ride::blah: :blah: pissed off (like I would be) right now, but she at least did the right thing in telling you :busted: and that's quite rare nowadays. It seems your bike did not have too much damages, so let the insurance sort it out. (maybe a few pints tonight would help you feelin' better too :worthy: )

The funny thing is, I work for an insurance claims department.

I'm noting going to bother making a claim, as its just pointless and will really screw my freind over!

I've just sent her an SMS to say that i'm not going to ask for anything from her. Its an accident.

I've calmed down now, so its all cool.

The main thing is she told me right away and offered to pay.

As you all say, more than most would do!

If she's cute, I would ask her out for a few pints to make up for my distressed broken heart; that'd make me feel a lot better :busted:

Grant, you are a nicer guy than I.

I would not of let her off so easily. I would of charged her for the part and labor. She may feel really bad about it, she showed good faith by telling you about it but, you should not be the one to have to pay for her carelessness.

She must be fat or he would have thought of that on his own.

PS - Willaim I believe in Karma... no way I'd hump somebody over for a few bucks... accidents happen.

On retrospect, I suppose a full body cavity search might make things a little better.

I guess it depends on what she looks like! :worthy:

Not all girls are created equal :busted:

db

Sorry to hear that my friend.

Maybe you should get some graphics that really stand out... yours didn't really catch an eye. kind of subdued.

Sorry to hear Grant, I remember the feeling well (twice) :cry::busted::ride:

She offered to pay for any damage, but i feel as though i shouldnt take up that offer, as 1 hand guard means a whole set at £30 ($60).

She offered, so except, a decent set of handguards is about £65.00.

It may remind her to look where she's going in future, and is also a very cheap accident/lesson these days.

Good luck.

Neil. :worthy::blah: :blah:

If she's cute, I would ask her out for a few pints to make up for my distressed broken heart; that'd make me feel a lot better :blah:
On retrospect, I suppose a full body cavity search might make things a little better.
She must be fat or he would have thought of that on his own.

The reason i didnt think of this, is because i doubt my girlfriend would be very happy with the idea.

Yes she is in australia at the moment, but i'm not that kinda guy :worthy:

Sorry to hear Grant, I remember the feeling well (twice) :D:busted::cry:

She offered, so except, a decent set of handguards is about £65.00.

It may remind her to look where she's going in future, and is also a very cheap accident/lesson these days.

Good luck.

Neil. :ride::eek::D

I do kind of agree, that it would teach her to look where she is going. But i just cant do it. I'm going to let it slide. I'm to kind for my own good.

I fancy a set of cycra's anyway so maybe i'll just add them to the TT order! :blah:

Sorry about your bike. :busted: I had that happen to my truck in November. It was parked and some girl backed into it. I had the same kneejerk reaction as you: "It's a large, immobile object. How you could you possibly not see it?" She actually had to drive past it, then back into it to hit it. I was at the gym, and she came in, found me and told me what she had done. It made me insane, and I ended up being the bad guy for throwing a fit. It's difficult not to get uptight over stuff like that, but like has been said, she could have just drove off. Keep your chin up, and remind yourself it could have been a lot worse.

The reason i didnt think of this, is because i doubt my girlfriend would be very happy with the idea.

I was talkin about just a few pints...Did you think I was talkin about shaggin? :busted: you naughty naughty boy! :worthy:

(PS: Sooo, she really is that bad lookin, even after a few pints :ride:)

Grant, as I have suspected from the very beginning, you are a good guy. I bow to your graciousness. :busted:

Why thank you very much my good friend! I bow in the aura of your knowledge and wisdom!! :worthy::ride: