New frame photos

I think in the next were gonna see the upside down engine design like the 2009 husaberg since its owned by ktm and is kinda the testing grounds for their new ideas.

No they aren´t. The MXGP`s is the testing ground. Husaberg is concentrating mostly on Enduro bikes anyway.

Has anyone seen them testing a linkage yet? Why don't they? I bet its probably easier to come up with a linkage design while they are going for a new frame anyways than to design a whole new chassis without taking linkage into consideration, only to some day have to design another chassis when they finally get the hint that linkage is better (or will they get the hint, maybe this is a sign that they don't buy into the linkage idea period).

Has anyone seen them testing a linkage yet? Why don't they? I bet its probably easier to come up with a linkage design while they are going for a new frame anyways than to design a whole new chassis without taking linkage into consideration, only to some day have to design another chassis when they finally get the hint that linkage is better (or will they get the hint, maybe this is a sign that they don't buy into the linkage idea period).

actually no linkage can be just as good if not better. WP has a new shock that looks really good.

I forget what it was but one of the magazines said that they talked to engineers and they said that a no link suspension could be made to get the same rising rate as a likeage. KTM just hasn't found that yet.

when they do, the KTM will be the perfect bike.

I forget what it was but one of the magazines said that they talked to engineers and they said that a no link suspension could be made to get the same rising rate as a likeage. KTM just hasn't found that yet.

I guess the only people that have come close to the perfect setting are the factory guys, or the guys with big wallets, because the new WP shock that you can buy should be pretty darn good, unfortunately 3/4 of us are not going to put the money down for one.

Would love to see that, but i highly doubt it. If it was, it would probably be worth it to sell my 08 as soon as the 09s come out to buy one. Because those shocks on their own are just $$$

or even just modify the ones in production now to replicate the action of the new one.

I guess the only people that have come close to the perfect setting are the factory guys, or the guys with big wallets, because the new WP shock that you can buy should be pretty darn good, unfortunately 3/4 of us are not going to put the money down for one.

No it wasn't the shock settings they were talking about. They were talking about the placement of the swingarm pivot, the shock mount on the swingarm and the shockmount on the frame. If engineered properly it would put the shock in the exact same rising rate pattern as a linkeage