84' XR350 side cover / tank / seat options

Hello all, first post to this forum. I am in the process of rebuilding a 84' xr350and am looking for side cover, and tank/seat options. Will 84 XR250 side covers work on the 350? Either side? I have read some conflicting posts on the matter on several boards. Also would like to get a large desert tank, does anyone know what tank/seat options will work on the XR 350? I have the Frame, Swingarm being powdercoated and should have it back in about a week. Will post some pics when I pick it up. I have a million Questions but will save the rest for later.

Thanks,

Doug in AZ.

I know that bike! Excellent choice for restoration.....that bike won the 1984 Baja 1000 and put Team Honda on the map! As far as plastics...I have read that 1984 XR250 plastic may work.......might need to trim up or re-drill holes.

Talk to the guys at Meier plastics....they really know there stuff. As far as seat/tank options, the 1984 had a desert tank stock. All your seat foam and recovering can be done by Verdone in Mesa Arizona...they also post on Ebay.

If you have the stock seat foam and cover.....they will match it. If the plastic isn't cracked...just faded pink..........sand it to 1000 grit and buff it with plastic polish....will look like new and be alot cheaper than new...plus the new maybe really "red" and not the stock orange/red color. Any more questions...just fire away...ALOT of guys in this forum know this bike! Hope the info helps! Baja Brad XR650R

• 3 months later...

I have a complete set of OEM plastic for that bike...tank, fenders, side covers, front light/shrowd. I bought them in 1985 after I scratched all my originals. I hate scratches, but instead of puting new ones on.......I just bought a new bike. If you want.......$50 plus whatever it costs to ship(maybe $20). Let me know.......they aren't even dusty because they are still in the factory sealed plastic bags. Good luck Dugger!