Claer Creek Rangers With Attitude

Skeeter,

Times have changed at Clear Creek. William is gone and the new regime will write tickets and ask questions later. They are not our friends like William.

Bottom line is - they are cops and are going to enforce the rules and write tickets so they can prove to the environmentalists who want to have Clear Creek closed that the BLM is "managing the area". Unfortunately written tickets is one measure of how well they are managing.

I have no sympathy for your friend who did not keep his registration current. Green sticker funds help to keep our riding areas open and are a cost of enjoying our sport. My understanding is that you can not transport an unregistered vehicle on any public road so it would not matter if you had entered Clear creek or not.

The BLM rangers are also deputized by San Benito County to enforce the law outside of Clear Creek so they can write you up for DUI and other offences on Coalinga Road. So beware as you could be stopped for a tail light being out.

Yeah times have changed with CC, so sad that evan with a out dated red sticker.......

Not evan thinking about it being a problem (becuase the fees were paid just waiting for the new sticker) We learned a lot from this and it wont happen again......

Thats one reason i posted this, number one to vent a lot and also to beware to you other TT riders.....

Its easy to judge someone who is in the wrong place at the wrong time like us......

In the last 10 yrs never had to wait in line..... always by mail or bought all new.....And there is always an execptions.....Laws are made to be broken....

I GUESS YOU DONT READ EVERTHING, HE PAID THE FEES BUT DIDNT GET THE STICKER YET AND IT DIDNT ENTER THERE SYSTEM YET, BY FAULT HE DIDNT BRING THE HARD COPY OF THE REG SO WE ASKED IF HE COULD RUN THE VIN AND RANGER SAID IT COULD TAKE 30-60 DAYS TO ENTER THE SYSTEM LIKE WHEN YOU BUY A NEW BIKE.

No I read everything and it sounds like your buddy didn't cover all the bases. I've had the same exact thing happen to me. The turn around and leave sucks. The last thing I want to have happen again is to go through the mary go round of B.S, and get the lines all jack up. Most of the time I do it by mail and at times I've forgot and or lost my sticker prior to applying it on the bike if thats the case I'll go down wait in line and pick up the sticker. That way I don't have to wait for it in the mail or depend on the system that takes 30 + days. I want to go ride not wait for the system. I've been through it before and I understand your frustrations.

Yeah the guy was a prick, but by mistake your friend gave him a reason to be one. Being a prick is part of the job, his boss could have told him to ticket everyone who doesn't have current registration. If that was the case his boss knows the average amount of unregistered bikes that try and pass the gate. His boss will know weather or not he's doing his job by how many tickets he issues. In that situation, being a nice guy wont put food on the table. You don't know the guys situation. Or yeah maybe you do, and he is just a prick. Either way you cant give them a reason to be one.

So whats the scoop down there at clear creek. I can remember the old days when the only restrictions were the asbestos zones. The last time I was down there which was a long time ago there were all these fences up every where and all the good trails were closed. You had to go further out to get to the good stuff. They now have a ranger check point there? William was cool, but he also did his job in a nice way. It too bad that the old ways of anything goes out there are gone. I remember that the only people that got mad were the pig hunters. Dirt bikes would scare them away. Clear Creek was one of the best places to ride. The hills and the dirt was to die for.

Clear Creek has changed for the bad not the good..... The fencing is doubled now on closed off areas.....Evan if your on a marked trail and Y off if the other trail is not marked (that would be no no). In some cases where your on a trail sudenly no markers (but not your falt just looking for a way back) is another no no.....The paved road that we usto cross to get over on the good stuff (fat finds now).....None the less still good riding but not as goog as Stonyford....

Clear Creek has changed for the bad not the good..... The fencing is doubled now on closed off areas.....Evan if your on a marked trail and Y off if the other trail is not marked (that would be no no). In some cases where your on a trail sudenly no markers (but not your falt just looking for a way back) is another no no.....The paved road that we usto cross to get over on the good stuff (fat finds now).....None the less still good riding but not as goog as Stonyford....

yeah that was my conclusion 2 years ago when they reportably ruled that ONLY marked trails are ok. That Rule alone shut down the whole reason to go to Clear Creek. unless you live close The Marked trails are nothing but highways linking up a few play areas. It was the enduro rabbit hole trails and links to many many hills that made Clear Creek the best place in California. Rated #5 OHV area in the Whole Nation I was told and believed just 4 years ago. now? It's Less the Stonyford...and that's a shame because it use to be just 4 years ago, Stonyford couldn't hold a candle to the old Clear Creek .

Though I do believe the enduros get to run some of the non marked good stuff. I'm sure the Wild Boar and the Quciksilver don't run the highway trails excpt for links to the real stuff

I think you should have kicked your buddy's asz for not bringing a bike that was current with registration myself. If a buddy of mine was that selfish to have wasted my time to make that trip, I would have given him the opporunity to appologize to me, then sit in the damm truck while the rest of us enjoy our ride, having done the right things to do so. If he didn't take that to heart, unload his bike and let the LEO confiscate it. He's your problem, not the LEO.

I think you should have kicked your buddy's asz for not bringing a bike that was current with registration myself. If a buddy of mine was that selfish to have wasted my time to make that trip, I would have given him the opporunity to appologize to me, then sit in the damm truck while the rest of us enjoy our ride, having done the right things to do so. If he didn't take that to heart, unload his bike and let the LEO confiscate it. He's your problem, not the LEO.

Personaly i think we should have kicked the Rangers a$$, just to give this thread more to talk about.....My bud did feel very bad, but like i said befor we are all in this as a team..... It could have ben any of us or evan you (that for gets something to due or bring befor a nice long day of riding).....We stick together with or without problems.....

I agree that it could have happened to me; forget my reg at home. But I would not have allowed my buddies to get steamed up and take on the ranger nor let their riding day be spoiled because I'm a bone head and can't even remember to put reg on my bike, reg in time to not have an expired bike, forget my receipt if I were to risk it, dupe my buddies into taking me along when I knew full well that I wasn't fully legal, etc....

I'm glad your bud feels bad about it. So what's he gonna do to make it up to you? Feeling bad doesn't pay the bills. A real bud would be trying to make it up to those who suffered at his bone-headedness. Maybe he bought a round? Really need to consider who you let in to your circle of friends if they pull stunts like this and allow you to fight their battles for them.

This is the best post in this thread. I too wouldn't have been pissed at the LEO, I would have given my buddy the attitude for being a bonehead about the registration. Heck, we all know green/red sticker registrations are due in like May or June. This dude is way off from paying this one on time. He eff'ed you all that day.

Really need to consider who you let in to your circle of friends if they pull stunts like this and allow you to fight their battles for them.

This is my favorite!! I think you have watched "Meet the Parents" one too many times.

Skeeter - Watch out who you let in the circle of trust!!!! Maybe you should stop talking to your bud because he didnt have his green sticker. What a stupid son of a gun!!!!!

Well yzwiley: Just like Hanna Montana says everybody makes mistakes in one of here songs......

Best post in this thread dont think so ( the one with the female Ranger is mine).......

Isnt Hanna Montana for 6 year olds???? LOL