POS won't start!

Help. 2007, never any trouble. Stored at dealer since the fall, pulled out, won't start. Ran perfect in the fall. Got a few pops out of it, no start. Drained carb, new gas, checked muffler and air filter for clogs/or issues.

New plug. Plug does spark. Checked valves, .004,.005,.010,.011. Dissconnected kill switch. Put gas in plug hole, put gas down carb, no go. I am getting stumped! Maybe CDI spark not good enough? What am I missing!

Any ideas would be GREAT!

jets could be varnished pull the jets and clean them out

If you didn't drain the gas from the carb when you stored it, your carb def needs a good cleaning... As well as draining the tank of old gas and putting in new stuff...

I have new fuel. I see the accerator pump putting in fuel, won't start or fire on it. I am thinking it should try to run on the fuel pumped into her, then quit if it were the jets. Fuel drained out of the bowl smelled fine. I'm thinking something else, not sure what.

Been trying to get it going for 3 days, went out this morning, gave it 2 kicks before work, fired up and ran perfectly! I don't get it.

Been trying to get it going for 3 days, went out this morning, gave it 2 kicks before work, fired up and ran perfectly! I don't get it.

just went through this. you had a piece of dirt or some kind of article in the pilot jet. always check that first for dirt.

gillamonsters!!!

Being in the great Northeast, you are running 10% ethanol fuel (lucky guy). This stuff turns into green crystaline goo when left sitting for more than a couple of weeks, and no cleaner or solvent will dissolve it - your carb jets were clogged up. Fresh gas will soften the green ick, so after 3 days, the new gas in the bowl loosened up the grunge and **poof** you're up and running again.

Always put stabilizer in all of your gas. Always drain the carb when you're done riding - just get in the habit. Don't leave gas in your tank for more then a month or two, even with stabilizer in it. Ethanol sucks.

JayC

just went through this. you had a piece of dirt or some kind of article in the pilot jet. always check that first for dirt.

oh jeez, here we go:blah:

that made no sense at all... all he was doing was stating that his pilot jet had something in it.. dee da dee

that made no sense at all... all he was doing was stating that his pilot jet had something in it.. dee da dee

That was someone else telling him he had a clogged pilot jet:excuseme: .....I mean he had plenty of fuel being he dumped raw gas in the plug hole and in the carb:p

Put gas in plug hole, put gas down carb

That probably made it worse. probably Just flooded it. It and if you dump too much in you risk hydrolocking the motor and/or bending valve(s). Liquid gas doesnt burn:prof:

Glad you got it fired. This ethonal has given us problems with carbs gumming up since it hit maryland.

let me know when you have a question. i might have some experience on that issue, and could be of help.

How do you drain the carb anyways without draining it. Do you just tilt it to the side?

The screw on the side of the bowl about 1/4 of an inch from the bottom. Losen it up and fuel will drain out of the bowl via the hose that is connected right by the screw.

The screw on the side of the bowl about 1/4 of an inch from the bottom. Losen it up and fuel will drain out of the bowl via the hose that is connected right by the screw.

What screw? Did they change on the newer bikes?

Possible from the 05 and older? Its a different carb, ive never owned or worked on a 05 or older bike.

I dont think my 02 crf450 has the drain screw, but my 06 and 08 250f's both do.