motor build

Don't buy a lifan!!! My buddy has one, and its nothing but problems. You could start with a honda engine, because they are very reliable and pretty much indestructable. And you could put a bore kit or stroker kit in it. My 108 stroker smokes my buddys 125 lifan (when it is running good... which is rare)

If your going to go for cc's to gain power. Your better off to buy an engine with a big bore kit already installed. Case and point. My friend has upgraded a 125 jialing to a 146. After months of tuning and trouble shooting with all the different china parts and a few problems with what works and what doesn't. He finally got it figured out. I purchased a lifan 140 bolted a few mods to it with little trouble, of course with the friends help, and it runs fine. Point. Unless you are skilled in the mechanical end you are better off to purchase one done if you want fast results. Most of the time it is a little cheaper.

If you wanna go cheap, definitely get you a lifan or somthing

Turboglenn has a 125lifan bored to a 146 with a 25mm carb and a cam in it, it ****ing RIPS!

SOOOO FAST, its stupid fast lol.. way too much for stunting, but sick for trails/racing

But if you want super reliable, never have to worry about it.. Build or buy a honda!

I have a stage 3 88 kit I got for $360, a 4 speed 1dn 3up tranny I got for $170, as well as a $70 HD clutch, $15 HV oil pump, and stock gearing...

It RIPS for a 88 kit.. Very fast..

Gonna upgrade to a 108 kit for $200 mroe soon I think ?:applause:

• 7 months later...

i see everyone saying get the lifan, get the jialing get the gpx?I have a 2000 xr70 and want a 125cc engine cause that is probably the best fitting engine ill be able to get without having to modify frame right?What would be the best for that bike, Lifan?GPX?or Jialing?i want something fast and reliable. Do all these come complete with carb and wiring harness and all or no?please help me out .

I have a TB 88cc bore kit with race head, carb, and cam in my son's 70 and it works so well you would not believe it. I still don't. it runs MUCH better than the stock engine ever did. Tons of power (at least 2x as fast). You just accidentally fall on the starter and it starts. Idles beautifully. Sounds quiet til you rev it, then there is no doubt that there is something serious going on in there. I put a CDI and coil on there and it revs to the moon too.

I would say if you want an automatic clutch (which is still kid-friendly) and reliable, get the 88cc race head kit. My kids fight over who is going to ride it. I love to ride it too. MUCH easier for the kids to start than stock -- even when they drop it. I think it is the perfect kit for that bike. If you have top end problems, DON'T get stock parts. Get this kit. Any bigger and you might as well get a bigger bike to begin with. I think this package with cam and race head / manifold / carb is as powerful as some of the 125's from China from what I have seen. Here is a link: http://www.hondatrailbikes.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=287