2007 CRF250R .....I need to know the GOOD and BAD

I had my 07 RMZ250 stolen so am looking for a new bike.

I found a new 2007 CRF250R for $4889 out the door.

The price seems great. I have never owned a Honda but have really been wanting to try one out. I ride track 90% of the time.

I honestly loved my RMZ but can't find any leftovers and am needing to spend $5000 or less. All the 08's are $5500 or more.

Can some of you guys give me the good and bad of the 2007 CRF? I have this image of valve eating monsters but the internet and a few bad bikes can give this impression. Is it true? Do the valves not hold up?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

buy it. its a great bike. just do your services and it will hold up fine. theres not a lot of dust in washington. so.. that helps i think. if someone stole my bike i would be looking to call up a couple of hard hittin brothers. with a pair of pliars, and a blow torch. thats just sickening.

I have an 07 crf250r. It seems to be running fine for me. Theres always been a little bit of bogging; that can be fixed though. I don't race though. A friend of mine just had his RMZ250 stolen from his house two weeks ago. That sucks he had his topend rebuilt with a PC race piston and just put a new exhaust on. All the bikes being stolen really pisses me off.

The price seems great. I have never owned a Honda but have really been wanting to try one out. I ride track 90% of the time.

I honestly loved my RMZ but can't find any leftovers and am needing to spend $5000 or less. All the 08's are $5500 or more.

Can some of you guys give me the good and bad of the 2007 CRF? I have this image of valve eating monsters but the internet and a few bad bikes can give this impression. Is it true? Do the valves not hold up?

Thanks!

Thats an amazing deal. No questions buy it. I'm picking up and 07 250X in a week for 5583 and I thought that was a steal until I read this thread. I say go for it. :applause:?

the people that say the hondas are valve eating monster are the kids that have theyre daddy buy them the bike, then they go rod the piss out of it, never clean air filter, never change the oil, and have no idea of how an internal combustion engine actuall works. then the bike stop running about 5 month later then they go to daddy and say my bike dosent work, they take it to the shop and they say the valves are shot. then the dad though he should have bought the kid a trail bike because they dont know how to maintain anything, then they go to forums like this one and say it is a valve eating mosters to sound cool. people then hear that, the ones that dont like hondas (because they dont own them) spread the word.

they are a good bike, treat it with respect and it will return the favor

sorry to hear about the bike dude, sad to know that a kid, like described above, now has your mx bike. if i saw someone do that to my bike i would grab by deer rifle and shoot the SOB right on the spot. (if i had a really bad day that day)

the people that say the hondas are valve eating monster are the kids that have theyre daddy buy them the bike, then they go rod the piss out of it, never clean air filter, never change the oil, and have no idea of how an internal combustion engine actuall works. then the bike stop running about 5 month later then they go to daddy and say my bike dosent work, they take it to the shop and they say the valves are shot. then the dad though he should have bought the kid a trail bike because they dont know how to maintain anything, then they go to forums like this one and say it is a valve eating mosters to sound cool. people then hear that, the ones that dont like hondas (because they dont own them) spread the word.

they are a good bike, treat it with respect and it will return the favor

sorry to hear about the bike dude, sad to know that a kid, like described above, now has your mx bike. if i saw someone do that to my bike i would grab by deer rifle and shoot the SOB right on the spot. (if i had a really bad day that day)

Well said! Do your maintainance and you'll be fine. Also one this that was recently re-brought up in the 250R forum was the vent hoses for the carb. It's not lie that dust and dirt eats the coating off of the Ti valves. The vent hoses suck dirt into the carb which can eventually end up in your intake. My suggestion would be to invest in this or do something similar with parts from your local hardware store. http://www.pcracingusa.com/carburetorventsystem.php

Thanks!

We had a 2004 CRF 250R & it was one of the best bikes we ever owned. Got a 2006 450R now & feel the same way. You'll be pleased you chose the Honda 250 4-stroke. Dennis in West TN:ride: