Coolant trouble

I own a 04 YZ250F and I just recently had some tranny trouble. After replacing the gears, and shifter forks there is now coolant leaking into the base. Can anyone tell me the possibilities that could cause this? And would anybody know how to get the bearing out that is on the right side case behind the waterpump. I got the oil seal off thats on the opposite side as the bearing, but im afriad to do any damage to the bearing.

Thanks,

Richard

No the bike was not brought to a dealer, the dealers in this area have no knowledge of these bikes, nor can they get parts in for them. I went to order a oil filter one time, and the guy said thats the first time hes ever seen one like that. And they dont sell mx bikes, theyve only brought in one 250f. I removed the engine myself, and brought it to someone I knew. Once it was done I put the waterpump back in it, and didnt line it up properly. And I ruined the teeth on the gear. So after I replaced that, that was when it started leaking coolant. Theres also 2 oil seals behind the waterpump, that I didnt replace and Im not sure on how to remove them from the case. I can only get the top one off. and on the other side there is a bearing, and another seal in the middle.

Richard

When the bike is running, is coolant leaking out of the small hole under the water pump? My bike had that problem so i replaced the bearing and it fixed the problem. you say yours is going into the transmission so i would assume that you need to replace both the bearing and the oil seal. page 4-59 to 4-63 in the manual explains how to do it.

• 4 weeks later...