My Sat. Feb. 16th ride in Highland Co. VA

It was a beautiful day and the first time I've ridden in a month or so. Only rode a little over 40 miles. The trails are in pretty good shape considering the wind we had last week. Here are a few scenery shots.:applause:

2161.jpg

2162.jpg

2163.jpg

2164.jpg

2165.jpg

2166.jpg

2167.jpg

2168.jpg

2169.jpg

Great pics, thanks for sharing. :applause:

Awesome pics!!! I'm trying to get my Drz400E plated here in the near future. I have everything I need as far as legalities but my dang title says for off road use only. I'm scared to go up to the DMV :applause:

There are an awful lot of rocks on your trail:eek: You need to clean that up before the rally:p . Here are my sunday :applause: pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mtnflow/Feb17th08RedishKnobLoopThroughUnion?authkey=6lXp2EDMU-Q

I didn't have as much time, so I did the "Reddish Knobb to Stone camp" loop. It was only 84 miles.

I'll be riding friday if you or anyone wants to go. Rich128 picked up a SWEEET drz from a tt member so hopefully he'll get to ride.

Awesome pics!!! I'm trying to get my Drz400E plated here in the near future. I have everything I need as far as legalities but my dang title says for off road use only. I'm scared to go up to the DMV :applause:

Thanks! Don't be scared. If the certificate of origin is in your name you shouldn't have any trouble at all. Just go to a little DMV office out in the country and get your title and plate. If you bought it used and the certificate of origin is not in your name then it's gonna be tough to get a plate without getting a dealer to reassign the bike to you. There is no place on the Cert. of Origin for an individual to sign the bike over, only a dealer. Good luck.

There are an awful lot of rocks on your trail You need to clean that up before the rally .

That's the easy, alternate route across the mountain. The AA section is quite a bit rockier and near vertical at times. Fun stuff.:) Two of those pics are looking directly at Sounding Knob. That should give you an idea of where I am when you're up at the old tower site.:applause:

Thanks! Don't be scared. If the certificate of origin is in your name you shouldn't have any trouble at all. Just go to a little DMV office out in the country and get your title and plate. If you bought it used and the certificate of origin is not in your name then it's gonna be tough to get a plate without getting a dealer to reassign the bike to you. There is no place on the Cert. of Origin for an individual to sign the bike over, only a dealer. Good luck.

Well the MSO is not in my name but I do have a signed over TITLE from Ohio that is signed over from the previous owner to myself. I also have a police officer that is going to write a statement saying the bike is street legal. Hopefully that will help me out. If so we need to all hookup for a ride :applause:

Well the MSO is not in my name but I do have a signed over TITLE from Ohio that is signed over from the previous owner to myself. I also have a police officer that is going to write a statement saying the bike is street legal. Hopefully that will help me out. If so we need to all hookup for a ride :)

You have it made then. You can be in and out of the DMV in 15 min. with plate and title. You won't need the statement from the police officer either.

The key is going to a small DMV in a rural county courthouse. They don't care if the bike is legal or not. They figure it's up to you to get it legal if you want to pass inspection. You don't even need turn signals in VA if you don't want them.:applause:

You have it made then. You can be in and out of the DMV in 15 min. with plate and title. You won't need the statement from the police officer either.

The key is going to a small DMV in a rural county courthouse. They don't care if the bike is legal or not. They figure it's up to you to get it legal if you want to pass inspection. You don't even need turn signals in VA if you don't want them.:applause:

Thanks for the inspiration. Now my quest to find a "rual" DMV I'm close to Petersburg. :)

Hey stonewall, is the DMV still open in Mcdowell at the gas station. Manganos could get it licensed there and then we could all go for a ride. It doesn't get any more "rual" than that.

Hey stonewall, is the DMV still open in Mcdowell at the gas station. Manganos could get it licensed there and then we could all go for a ride. It doesn't get any more "rual" than that.

Yep.....the DMV office is still in the Gas 'n Go. Pick up a burger, buy some gas, and plate your off road bike, all in one stop. Gotta love it out here in the sticks.:applause::)

Ok lets pick a DATE :applause: I'm ready any weekend.