chrome plated cylinder

Yamaha TT 600 Im testing my cylinder to see if its chrome plated , I know you can take copper sulfate and that will bind to steel but its also drying and making color on the aluminum, yet no results on the inside cylinder, a magnet will not bind to the sleeve either; which leads me to believe its chrome plated aluminum sleeve. The cylinder is out of round .004" and taper is .002" so it need a rebuild as well was the intake valves were necked and trashed so i recut the seats and installed new valves in the head and realized the cylinder may be chrome plated though my factory yamaha service manual does not mention the chrome plating or boring tolerances. I was going to bore it over 1MM (.040")from 95MM to 96MM and put a high compression forged wiseco piston kit in it and the kit comes with rings for a chrome plated bore but if the cylinder is chrome plated it would need to be chrome plated again after boring just wondering if any vintage TT riders have experienced this with a TT 600 in the past?

it's plated (not sure it "chrome" though), you'll have to either bore and replate, or sleeve it. Suggest you send the piston your using along with the cyl for fitment during the finish hone.

Yamaha TT 600 Im testing my cylinder to see if its chrome plated , I know you can take copper sulfate and that will bind to steel but its also drying and making color on the aluminum, yet no results on the inside cylinder, a magnet will not bind to the sleeve either; which leads me to believe its chrome plated aluminum sleeve. The cylinder is out of round .004" and taper is .002" so it need a rebuild as well was the intake valves were necked and trashed so i recut the seats and installed new valves in the head and realized the cylinder may be chrome plated though my factory yamaha service manual does not mention the chrome plating or boring tolerances. I was going to bore it over 1MM (.040")from 95MM to 96MM and put a high compression forged wiseco piston kit in it and the kit comes with rings for a chrome plated bore but if the cylinder is chrome plated it would need to be chrome plated again after boring just wondering if any vintage TT riders have experienced this with a TT 600 in the past?

Thanks , I just noticed on wiesco's website that it says chrome bore I'm assuming they mean nikasil thats where i got the chrome bore idea from, I was gonna do the work myself because have a bore bar but I just was not sure about the plating issue so ill probably have to send it out I don't have means of plating the cylinder myself thanks again

if it is chrome plated and in good condition with no scoring, you can polish it out with a porting tool (or dremel tool possibly) and it will be perfectly fine. I used to do this when I worked for Vintage Elsinores. But if you plan on going to a bigger bore, obviously this option won't work.