Twistie ride in Ohio

Was wondering if anyone was interested in going for some street rides:ride: out here in Ohio. Belive it or not they have some real fun roads out here. Granted not until it warms up some. I/we are planning on going up near Hannibal for what they call Ohio's Tail of the Dragon.

Here's a link :applause:http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/oh536.html

Hope everyone has a great weekend:applause:

This road got a write up in AMA last month too.

"Possibly the most difficult road I have ever ridden in the state of Ohio over the past 14 years. All curves are well marked (lots of 15mph markers). At Round Bottom, the sign at the entrance to 536 says "NO SEMI's" and has a picture of a semi broken in half trying to crest a hill, if that gives you any indication. NO room whatsover for error. No shoulder, no guardrails, no traffic. Lots of elevation changes with insane tight corners on a narrow road. The pavement is excellent. No holes, no patches, no tar snakes. The last downhill hairpin into Hannibal is a real tense one after the workout the previous 13 miles gives you. Ran this road on an '07 FZ6 and was constantly side to side. No real straights, no real flat spots. It's all up, down, and around the whole time. Ride it when you are fresh instead of at the end of the day. A tired rider on this road could spell disaster."

Sounds very interesting! We might try and run down there this summer to do some dual sport riding. If so, I'll give you a holler. :applause:

Was wondering if anyone was interested in going for some street rides:ride: out here in Ohio. Belive it or not they have some real fun roads out here. Granted not until it warms up some. I/we are planning on going up near Hannibal for what they call Ohio's Tail of the Dragon.

Here's a link :applause:http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/oh536.html

Hope everyone has a great weekend:applause:

I'm not a thumpette (hope that's ok), but the Ohio part caught my attention. Never heard of this road, but it looks like a lot of fun.

Did you buy your bike in Columbus? Wonderin if you bought that off my buddy.

Sure you can..and yes we bought it in Columbus off a guy named Bill. Not the same bike huh (giggles). We or I keep putting more stuff on it.

Yes this is the road I was thinking of:worthy: Sounds fun plus it looks like some fun Dualsport areas out there too:thumbsup:

Sure you can..and yes we bought it in Columbus off a guy named Bill. Not the same bike huh (giggles). We or I keep putting more stuff on it.

Same bike. He lives a bit north of 161. Small world. I rode your bike! Looks a lot nicer with the yosh and the new handguards.

It also has alot more power:thumbsup: tell Bill that he's missing it (giggles) and tell his wife thanx for having him sell it.

Hope yiou will be able to make it out there when we get all the details set.:applause:

It also has alot more power:thumbsup: tell Bill that he's missing it (giggles) and tell his wife thanx for having him sell it.

Hope yiou will be able to make it out there when we get all the details set.:applause:

He knows what he's missing, but he's safer with the bike in your garage.

I'd love to go on the ride. You gonna post in the regional forum before it goes down or am I gonna have to start keeping an eye on the thumpette forum? :)

Once we get a date set I will post it for ya..okiesss :applause:

One more TO-DO road added to my list. Looks like I can stitch this one together with some other nice ones and make a nice 700-800 mile loop over there and back :applause:

#9 We've been out your way quiet abit last yr. Some really fun roads.

As of today we are looking at memorial day weekend some time.:smirk: We are still working out ther details.:)

wow that looks like an awsome road. Ill have to check it out when the time for me to get a street tard comes. I never seen that road before but I have ridden route 800 from the new philly area down to sistersville wv. That was a pretty fun road. Lots of turn and elevation changes. Plus once you got into wv there was no pot holes and the corners all have a slight bank.

We live in Springfield and would love to ride 536, but is there anyplace to park a truck and trailer?? With the stock seats that we have on our DRZ's & KLX's, that doesn't sound like a fun ride clear from Springfield.:prof:

Berg, We are bringing our bikes that way to Truck and trailer:thumbsup: . here's a link of some parks in the area.

www.monroecountyohio.net/recreation.htm

We are planning on just finding a hotel and ride all the roads around there:applause: .

Yes we are still shooting for Memorial day weekend.:prof:

Thank you very much for the info.

Thank you very much for the info.

No problem:D hope to see you and some others out there then.:prof:

Well it looks like Memorial weekend is a go for us:applause: . We will be staying in Columbus and possibly using the trailer to get the bikes over there:bonk: . Also we are going to try and hit up Circleville track and also Bike days :thumbsup:

http://www.bikedays.com/ for some fun.

Hope to see some of you out there.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I'll be out that way July 1st on my FJR.

If you see a big silver thing blur by, it's me. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

If anyone rides this road while you are in the neighborhood ride US250 from New Martinsville WV to Mannington, WV Then cross over to Clarksburg, WV and ride route 20 back to New Martinsville. There are a ton of great roads here in WV, if anyone would like I know which ones are best just ask. I have lived here all my life and have riden most of them over the last 30 years. Ride safe and remember ATGATT.