Orange County Dual Sport Riding

Is there any dual sport riding in Orange county or Riverside? I want to run up Saddleback Mountain but the Silverado Canyon gate is still closed.

Right now, the only trials open in the Santa Ana Mountains are Indian Truck Trail (from Corona) to South Main Divide towards Ortega Hwy (or going the other way).

The forest (CNF) Saddleback will be closed untill November at least per the Forest Rangers.

Theres Cleghorne off the 15,(check where to ride) the fire roads get better towards the top and although I've only been there once I hear there's a lot of area to ride.

Right now, the only trials open in the Santa Ana Mountains are Indian Truck Trail (from Corona) to South Main Divide towards Ortega Hwy (or going the other way).

Looking at the map it appears the trails that start where foothill ends are open but the gate was closed last time I was there. Do you have to put a deposit down for a key?

How do you get to the gate for indian truck trail?

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/conditions/forest-orders/order-no-02-07-12.pdf

How do you get to the gate for indian truck trail?

It is not as straightforward as it used to be.

Take I15 south from Corona and exit Indian Truck Trail and take a right. It immediately ends at Campbell Ranch/De Palma. Take a right. When you come to Mayhew Canyon, take a left. You will be heading up into some new homes. At Santiago Canyon, take a left. Follow this down to the bottom of the hill. It is NOT near the water tank. If Santiago Canyon is still a dead end, it's easy to find. The trail will be on your left. I believe there is a trail sign near the trees.

Thanks for the info! I'm off Cajalco so I sould be able to get there on Temescal Canyon Rd no problem. :confused:

The trail will be on your left. I believe there is a trail sign near the trees.

Oops! I meant on your right. I'm sure you would have figured that out.