EVS brace vs neck roll

They neck rolls are aimed towards collarbone breakage whereas the neck brace is aimed more towards protecting the neck.

I still wear a chest protector because it a)blocks roost, and :applause: protects pretty good when crashing. I haven't tried one of the softer under-the-jersey type chest protectors yet.

so ya i like riding and walking.:) so im thinking about a neck brace i can go with the cheap way out a simple neck roll such as http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/8/32/1306/ITEM/Alpinestars-Youth-Neck-Roll.aspx or go with the new evs brace someone give me pros and cons thanks

and second question is a chest protector worth it :applause:

yea if you think the neck roll is going to prevent you from breaking your neck your mistaken. If you can afford a neck brace you should be buying one. If you can afford the leatt, that's the one you should buy, if not wait for the EVS.

yea if you think the neck roll is going to prevent you from breaking your neck your mistaken. If you can afford a neck brace you should be buying one. If you can afford the leatt, that's the one you should buy, if not wait for the EVS.

I want to pick up a EVS brace, but thinking about it..... wouldn't a neck roll also transfer the load to your shoulders through the chest protector to protect the neck? I know the EVS brace will contact better but the roll should at least distribute some of the load upon accident right?

I want to pick up a EVS brace, but thinking about it..... wouldn't a neck roll also transfer the load to your shoulders through the chest protector to protect the neck? I know the EVS brace will contact better but the roll should at least distribute some of the load upon accident right?

I don't believe they would do anything toward preventing neck injuries. My own personal opinion is that they could possibly contribute to them. As your head rolls over the neck brace, undue stress will be place at the fulcrum point on your neck. Sort of like breaking a stick over your knee.

I bought a leatt and love it. One friend bought an evs and hates it so much he does not wear it. He is saving his money to buy a leatt.

After my friend broke his neck with a Leatt on, i'm still not sure i'm sold on the idea.

A neck roll is better than nothing. Years ago, before I started wearing the roll, my neck would be sore after some big crashes. Ever since I have been wearing some sort of neck protection, I have not had a sore neck once. I wont ride without some sort of neck protection now.

wait for the Leatt Adventure it's like $195 I think

After my friend broke his neck with a Leatt on, i'm still not sure i'm sold on the idea.

the leatt will not stop everything. every accident is differnt..

Exactly, it just seems like every Leatt thread I read makes it out to be a superhero. There are cases where you need to try to tuck and roll out of a crash, and it seems like the brace limits your movement for that. As was the case of my friend.

i had a crash with a eves neck roll on , and ide say it saved my neck a bit, went head first in to a bank

the leatt will not stop everything. every accident is differnt..

its been said that the biggest flaw in the neck brace is that people think theyre invincible with them on, i agree with that, its true for myself atleast, false sense of security Edited by jjhubbard15

My EVS brace is really nice, looks kinda goofy, but you never notice it.

i know its spendy but i have a Leatt brace and it is amazing!!!!!

wow this is an old one. but for anyone who is wondering i got a adventure leatt, love it no question a neck brace is worth every penny.