Sign in to follow this  

Oil Leak... ideas?

I just finished installing the new eddie engine and filled with oil.

Before starting it, I noticed a leak below the bike and have determined it is coming from the connection at the oil pipe/engine.

I have removed it and inspected, the little insert in there is a little loose, and I see no oring or gasket. When I wiggle that little cylider shape piece on the end of the pipe it causes more oil to flow.

The fiche on ronayers doesnt show anything in there, like a gasket or anything...am I missing something, or is it possible I tweaked it and it is not sealing correctly now???

Thanks,

This is the union of the leak....you ca see the little cylinder shaped insert in the end of the pipe..

IMG_0658.jpg

and this is where it connects at the bottom of the engine

IMG_0656.jpg

if memory serves there is an oring that goes there

edit yeah I just found this pic that cylinder is removable in this pic it shows the other end with the oring in it still but no cylinder

oilline.jpg

ronayers is where I usually get stuff but any std oring of the right size should be OK. there is a recess where the oring fits into in the engine case or frame depends which end actually there is an oring at either end are you missing both ?

heres the engine side showing the recess the id is the size of the cylinder the od is the size to fit into the recess

enginedrside.jpg

Yea, I looked at that fiche as well, but I think #6 is the top of the oil pipe hose, and my leak is occurring at the bottom of the hose.

I wonder if that #6 and #8 are the same 2 parts in the other end of the hose....

There is a little round cylinder that goes in there. I think there was also a copper washer or something. Do you have the little cylinder? Looks like a sleeve.

There is a little round cylinder that goes in there. I think there was also a copper washer or something. Do you have the little cylinder? Looks like a sleeve.

I've got the cylinder, thats it. No copper washer, o-ring, gasket etc....

The Fiche is not displaying the bottom pin and o ring. If you scroll down you will notice that #7 and #9 are listed as two items each. Sometimes the fiche is funny and needs to be deciphered.

The Fiche is not displaying the bottom pin and o ring. If you scroll down you will notice that #7 and #9 are listed as two items each. Sometimes the fiche is funny and needs to be deciphered.

So what are you saying?

7 and 9 are not related to my problem location though?

If you go to another on line parts place (like http://www.powersportspro.com) or use the hard copy parts book. It will have a "required" quanity.

Item #6, shows 2 ea. As we know the top of the hose only uses 1, the other must go to the bottom.

I alos just went out to my bike and checked,,, top and bottom are the same O ring:p

Thanks for the help folks. I ordered em up online.

Im guessing that o-ring was left on the engine side during removal and fell off during packing or transit or something...

if it was with the motor when i recieved it would have come back in a seperate bag along with with any other loose parts.

Yea, I imagine it probably was not.

When I was working on the oil hose last week the little cylinder slipped out of the hose. I'm wondering if the o-ring slipped off that night and when I looked at the fiche I couldn't see anything so i figured it was just the cylinder. I had a hunch something should be there, but there was no evidence of it, so I moved on. When I saw the leak, I knew it had to be that area.

This was the fiche I was using..it has the quantities listed for each part.

oringoil.jpg