Oil Leak... ideas?

I just finished installing the new eddie engine and filled with oil.

Before starting it, I noticed a leak below the bike and have determined it is coming from the connection at the oil pipe/engine.

I have removed it and inspected, the little insert in there is a little loose, and I see no oring or gasket. When I wiggle that little cylider shape piece on the end of the pipe it causes more oil to flow.

The fiche on ronayers doesnt show anything in there, like a gasket or anything...am I missing something, or is it possible I tweaked it and it is not sealing correctly now???

Thanks,

Yea, I looked at that fiche as well, but I think #6 is the top of the oil pipe hose, and my leak is occurring at the bottom of the hose.

I wonder if that #6 and #8 are the same 2 parts in the other end of the hose....

There is a little round cylinder that goes in there. I think there was also a copper washer or something. Do you have the little cylinder? Looks like a sleeve.

I've got the cylinder, thats it. No copper washer, o-ring, gasket etc....

The Fiche is not displaying the bottom pin and o ring. If you scroll down you will notice that #7 and #9 are listed as two items each. Sometimes the fiche is funny and needs to be deciphered.

So what are you saying?

7 and 9 are not related to my problem location though?

If you go to another on line parts place (like http://www.powersportspro.com) or use the hard copy parts book. It will have a "required" quanity.

Item #6, shows 2 ea. As we know the top of the hose only uses 1, the other must go to the bottom.

I alos just went out to my bike and checked,,, top and bottom are the same O ring:p

if it was with the motor when i recieved it would have come back in a seperate bag along with with any other loose parts.

Yea, I imagine it probably was not.

When I was working on the oil hose last week the little cylinder slipped out of the hose. I'm wondering if the o-ring slipped off that night and when I looked at the fiche I couldn't see anything so i figured it was just the cylinder. I had a hunch something should be there, but there was no evidence of it, so I moved on. When I saw the leak, I knew it had to be that area.