Snow Ski

I saw today a dirtbike with a snowblade or ski replacing the front tire and working well in the snow. I was wondering where i could get a front snowblade and maybe pair it up with a paddle tire on the back to go in the snow.

Your not gonna get anything done with a snow plow on a dirt bike..

That would be like putting a snow plow on my lowered 2wd honda lol (except even worse on a dirt bike)

And I dunno hwo a paddle would do in snow, would probably kick ass in DEEP snow..

But for regular snow riding, I just run knobbies.. Good to about 8-10" of snow, then it kinda starts to suck

I think he's talking about more of a ski in place of the front tire. I dont know where you could find one but i dont see why it wouldnt work, sounds more controllable than a tire for serious snow riding.

Nothing beats drifting in the snow though:thumbsup:

NOT MY PICTURE!!!

somone else posted this a long time ago.

still awesome none the less

100_0985.jpg

They make this ski that attaches with your front wheel still on and its spring activated so when your not in snow it goes up and when the snow is deep it levels out and keeps your front wheel up in the snow.I will try to find it.

ya sry I wasn't clear I meant a front ski.

ya sry I wasn't clear I meant a front ski.

haha that makes WAY more sense! lol

Sorry though I have no idea where to get one lol

But do remember, it'll probably only do good in deep snow, defineitly don't wanna hit no rocks/dirt/pavement with a sky on front :applause:

NOT MY PICTURE!!!

100_0985.jpg

My dad would kick my arse if I pulled that in the yard haha

Then again, everytime I get in snow, I just hold it wide open in 3rd, just ripping the ground up lol

Ya thats what i love doing for now when theres less than 1 foot of snow (3rd gear WOT drifting) but now theres a good 2 feet of snow and my bike just gets stuck so i thought maybe a paddle tire on the back and a front ski may work?

Funny, I tried making something like this on my bike a couple weeks ago. I got a sled and tied it down to the front tire, but then when I tried to turn I learned the hard way.

$3000 :):applause: I wouldnt do that for the safety of your wallet. looks cool though.

NOT MY PICTURE!!!

100_0985.jpg

I do the same thing in the mud. its awesome. kind of hard to control. but awesome.

man 3000 bucks :applause::):cry::banghead::foul::eek: :eek: thats a lot but it probobly rips. you should just try a home made ski or look on ebay and then use a studded paddle tire:ride: :eek: :eek: :bonk::mad::eek:

the studs are for Ice.

Those are bike specific and plus a 150 nor 230 could even pull you along with that thing on.This is not what hes looking for....I doubt he wants to spend 3k on this.

AHAH!I finally found it!Here it is:

ski------------www.pcracingusa.com(They are sold out of the ski and wont have more until next winter)

they have a ski too---------------http://www.attrax.net/

this guy has the ski and the track------------------------------------http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598532&page=3&highlight=snow+ride