x2 rear handbrake?

Im looking at picking up an x2 in the next week or so hopefully. I'm kinda stoked, but Im wondering how I can go about putting a rear handbrake on there. Should I convert the rear wheel to a crf 10" with drum brake and then use a crf kit?

Id also like to at least get one pegs on the rear axle, but not sure how I would do that on a pitster. Id like to come up with at least one on the left side lol.

Any info would be sweet! Thanks!

what about the clutch lever?

Yeah, the X2 is a manual clutch.

CRF 50 wheels or Honda hubs will not work on the bike...also if they did you would have to fabricate some kind of Hub Holder for the floating hub, custom Wheel spacers...

now what would work for a Rear brake disc lever is a Hydrolic clutch lever...also you will need a custom Hydrolic line..

then again chirorider is right its a manual clutch....:applause:

you need to get a streetbike rear hand brake kit that costs 500... your better off getting a crf50 if you want to stunt... thats why i dont stunt my x2

I don't understand the whole stunting thing. What is the advantage of a hand brake for stunting?

BTW, Kevin if I can find a deal like you found, I would love to get one of those coolster 70cc bikes to have as a stocker and I guess ride wheelies and stoppies and stuff. I guess that's sorta stunting.

what about the clutch lever?

what about it?

I don't understand the whole stunting thing. What is the advantage of a hand brake for stunting?

BTW, Kevin if I can find a deal like you found, I would love to get one of those coolster 70cc bikes to have as a stocker and I guess ride wheelies and stoppies and stuff. I guess that's sorta stunting.

Well, it's used so that we can control the rear brake while doing wheelies so we dont loop the bike out.

Generally speaking, if you dont have a rear handbrake then any standup wheelies we have to use a staggered positioning, like say left foot on a back stunt peg (or passenger peg if on a street bike) and your right foot would have to stay on the normal peg so u can cover the rear brake lever.

If you want to do seat standing stunts or anything you need some way of getting to that back brake, thus using the handbrake :applause:

Do that double lever thingey like the black guy on super bikes does...? He has his normal front brake lever then a mini lever thats like an inch long right above his front brake lever for his back brake. His back brake lever looks a lot like my kx250f hot start level.That would be kinda dumb to have at the track, but good for stunting and the thing about having the brake on the bars is that you usually have your hands on them so that means that the rear brake is usually in your hand, and that means...easy access :applause:

i've seen the handbrake/clutch all in one combo before. it's got a hefty price tag on it too. maybe you could find a used one off stuntlife.com or somethin. here's a quick video of a special k scrape on my crf50. it has the 50 stunt rear handbrake. really eases the bike into 12 oclock.

th_specialktap.jpg

Do that double lever thingey like the black guy on super bikes does...? He has his normal front brake lever then a mini lever thats like an inch long right above his front brake lever for his back brake. His back brake lever looks a lot like my kx250f hot start level.That would be kinda dumb to have at the track, but good for stunting and the thing about having the brake on the bars is that you usually have your hands on them so that means that the rear brake is usually in your hand, and that means...easy access :applause:

^^It's clutch and back brake together, not front and back brakes. Most people prefer the clutch on top, brake on bottom setup. I have a friend who has a stock framed Honda fifty with a Lifan 124 in it with the manual clutch. It's a blast for sure.....50mph wheelies on a mini anyone? LOL

^^It's clutch and back brake together, not front and back brakes. Most people prefer the clutch on top, brake on bottom setup. I have a friend who has a stock framed Honda fifty with a Lifan 124 in it with the manual clutch. It's a blast for sure.....50mph wheelies on a mini anyone? LOL

i just remember seeing it...and thats like stunt devil stuff haha 50mph............... :applause:

i just remember seeing it...and thats like stunt devil stuff haha 50mph............... :applause:

Ha ha, no it's not that bad. I take the dirt fifty out some on supermoto wheels also, it's something different once in a while and fun too. Once you get brake control on lock, your set. For the record I can wheelie the big bore bikes a good ways, but nowhere near as far as my stocker Honda. They are hands down the best stunt bikes......and bombproof.

crap...i wanna find a mini supermoto track around phoenix az =/