Sign in to follow this  

>>Carnegie : Trail : Corral Canyon : Um Yeaa <<

I pretty much found out, its MUCH easier to come down corral canyon (the entire way) than going up. If you know corral canyon, youll know about the one spot where there is a 4' NARROW drop off into a revene. It take 2 people to go up it, its a face.

Anyone know where Im talking about?

Corral Canyon... too funny. Not sure if this is the same exact spot you are talking about, but...

I rode Carnegie for the first time a few weeks ago (just recently moved) after a good rain. A buddy of mine and I entered it from the west end for Corral Canyon. Minutes later, singletrack with a ravine running to the right of us. Tried to make it up some straight up hills, but crazy mud and me sliding down a hill sideways stopped me from accomplishing my goal of getting out.

Luckily there ended up being an easy way out but for it being my first time there, i thought i might have to hike a bike outta there.

But yeah, good fun.

did the trail on purpose the last trip, going down hill of course.

I'll definately remember to go on in on purpose next time. I loved it.

Tons of nice lil hills on either side in some spots.

I went down it a couple of weeks ago. A guy I was riding with cracked his side case and lost all the oil. We had to push and tow it out. Good fun though.

Is it carol canyon or corral canyon?:applause: started at the lake end first drop in a couple ledgeds then in to a creek bed,:) narrow walls just barly fit the bars, keep look for wild pig to come up the oher way.:cry: O! did I mention it starts to rain, not to bad in the botom of creek, covered by trees. Coming out the other end O! WHAT FUN top 3" of dust turned to greese from the rain:foul: the trail out is off camber next to a 4 foot drop in to a creek bed. :foul: WATCH FOR PIGS!:banghead:

Yup - Know it well. In our group we call it "The valley of Death".

You tube "Carnegie Hills" and you'll see a good vid that's nicely narrated of it.

Is it carol canyon or corral canyon?:applause: started at the lake end first drop in a couple ledgeds then in to a creek bed,:) narrow walls just barly fit the bars, keep look for wild pig to come up the oher way.:cry: O! did I mention it starts to rain, not to bad in the botom of creek, covered by trees. Coming out the other end O! WHAT FUN top 3" of dust turned to greese from the rain:foul: the trail out is off camber next to a 4 foot drop in to a creek bed. :foul: WATCH FOR PIGS!:banghead:

I saw the off camber trail out on the left (if your going down) I didnt recall though how it will jump back onto the trail.

**Ima have to youtube this right now.

are you guys talking about but crack the trail with the drop offs its an awsome trail with a 5 foot drop off do it every time im there is that what your talking about?

No way dude, it's like a 45485675093675672536 million foot drop off.

Here's some video of it if anyone is interested.

No way dude, it's like a 45485675093675672536 million foot drop off.

Here's some video of it if anyone is interested.

DUD, THATS IT:applause: SWEEEET:ride: THANKS FOR THE VIEDO.:smirk:

Good vid but only part of the crack. That is the easy part, I try to ride it every time I go out. A couple of weekends ago, I was feeling really brave, traction was perfect, so instead of taking the left trail out at the end, I took the right trail. It was a goat trail running down the right side of the hill. Unfortunely, it ended and it only went back down into the crack. Didn't think much about, I said what the hell, it is only the crack. Whoops, never been in this section before. Previously, it was like the bottom of a river bed with a few obstacles in the way, the second half is much worse. I didn't think I would make it to the end and then there was the fence, locked. Luckly, there is a small goat trail going back up to the main trail. I tried it the frist time and didn't make it, bike ended up unside down in the crack. Had to flip it and push it back about 35 ft, took another shot at the goat trail and up I went. Happy to be out of the crack. What an experience:ride:

So what you are saying is... stay to the left as you exit the crack?

Sounds good to me...hehe.

Good vid but only part of the crack. That is the easy part, I try to ride it every time I go out. A couple of weekends ago, I was feeling really brave, traction was perfect, so instead of taking the left trail out at the end, I took the right trail. It was a goat trail running down the right side of the hill. Unfortunely, it ended and it only went back down into the crack. Didn't think much about, I said what the hell, it is only the crack. Whoops, never been in this section before. Previously, it was like the bottom of a river bed with a few obstacles in the way, the second half is much worse. I didn't think I would make it to the end and then there was the fence, locked. Luckly, there is a small goat trail going back up to the main trail. I tried it the frist time and didn't make it, bike ended up unside down in the crack. Had to flip it and push it back about 35 ft, took another shot at the goat trail and up I went. Happy to be out of the crack. What an experience:ride: