Harsh Acceleration bumps technique

Hi guys i did a search but couldn't come up with any tips. I don't know if i searched wrong but if i could get some help or be redirected to a specific thread it would be much appreciated. My problem is that when i am out racing i am pretty good at most things on the track. But there is just one thing i haven't quite got my head around yet and that's harsh acceleration bumps. How do you get over them cleanly and quickly and what should my body be doing as I'm accelerating over them. What tends to happen when i try it is my bike will either swap from side to side or flick my body up off the bike. I've tried leaning forward and leaning back and what not but i can't be doing it correctly. I know to take the smoothest line possible to avoid them but sometimes they're unavoidable. Please Help.

stand up, get the weight on the back wheel so the front can glide over the bumps, and absorb them with your knees, also grip the seat/tank with your knees and avoid the death grip on the handlebars, i try to ride them like little whoops.

I could be wrong, but I think your suspension set-up has a lot to do with how well you get through them. I always hated acceleration bumps because of my bike bouncing all over or the rear end swapping or whatever. I recently got a new KTM and had the suspension re-done by MX-Tech. The first track I rode at had a section with some mid-sized (not huge, but big enough that they got my attention visually) acceleration bumps in between two jumps. It blew me away how smooth my bike went through them. I could charge through them as hard as I wanted and would have never even known they were there except for the intermittent exhaust tone........kinda like a bike sounds when blitzing whoops.

Again, everything is relevant. I'm not very fast, so, results may vary, but, make sure your suspension is doing what it should. Have somebody watch you, or even better yet, video you going through the section and see what your bike is doing.

Here's some stuff from MX-Tech's website:

If a rider is accelerating across a series of bumps and the rear suspension feels as if it is “kicking” or “spiking” then it is packing. The rear suspension compresses on the first bump and due to the weight of the motorcycle and due to the close spacing of the bumps the suspension is unable to release the energy it still has stored in the suspension system as the wheel makes contact with the next bump. Because of this stored load the suspension is unable to absorb any more energy and the wheel deflects.

Find a corner with acceleration bumps on the exit. The rear of the motorcycle should follow the ground. If the rear end packs, soften the rebound. (Turn clicker out) (If this fails stiffen the low speed compression two clicks.) (Turn clicker in. Note this is a substantial departure from common set-up recommendations.) We recommend this as it is likely under these circumstances that the bikes acceleration is causing weight transfer to the rear wheel. This causes the suspension to compress; this in tern causes the linkage or PDS system to respond with greater damping and spring rates compounding the problem. By going stiffer you reduce the chassis initial movement and effectively reduce damping rates, making the suspension better able to absorb impacts and follow the terrain.

Suspension set up is HUGE in this condition. I had some serious issues with sag and spring rates on my bike at first it would do the same thing, check your suspension race sag, static sag and then how you have your rebound and dampening settings! Once i got mine all correct it was like a completely different bike.... Good luck

Does H.S. comp. play a role in these conditions?

yes and no it depends on the speed your going through them.

Try going through in a gear higher and leaning back.

Time for some Enzo Subtanks...

Braking bumps=no more

Enzo sub tanks have nothing to do with braking bumps. thats what this forum is all about. Personally what i constantly remind myself is keep the rpms at mid range. This will help the bike from skipping to both sides (rear end will not bind up from over rev). Also i press very hard on the outside peg to the point where my butt is almost off the seat. At first this is very tiring if not quads are weak. If so this excersize helps greatly. With back against a wall act like you are sitting in a chair with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle. Feel the burn baby. MX is not smooth. Thats why they have flat track for the lesser. HAHA JK or was I??

Do what he said ^

And suspension set up is also pretty helpful with Breaking bumps

stand up, get the weight on the back wheel so the front can glide over the bumps, and absorb them with your knees, also grip the seat/tank with your knees and avoid the death grip on the handlebars, i try to ride them like little whoops.

what does death grip mean?

death grip is just holding on with your hands too hard. it tires you out quickly.

If backweel slides when acc out of corner I think you must go out on comp damping at rear.

Reason is, if rear wheel bounces over bumps it will lose grip and spinn in the air. The tyre will grip better if comp dampening is softer and rear wheel gets more contact with the ground.

Also put the right foot on the break to help rear to follow the track.