Sign in to follow this  

water in vent hose

every time i wash my bike i ALWAYS find water in the pink valve cover vent hose. i use a trash bag to COMPLETELY cover the air filter and tape off the air box vent holes to make sure that not a single drop of water makes it into the airbox. basically there has never been a drop of water inside my airbox yet every time i was it there is always about a half inch of water in the bottom of that vent hose. all of the lines are clamped and sealed. so my question is how is it possible for water to get into that vent line. my valve cover is bolted down to torque spec and all the lines are in the correct place. im worried that water might make its way to the cam and rust it out. can anyone please tell me how this water is making its way into that vent hose? thanks a lot guys. this bike is my pride and joy and i care about it more that my girlfriend hahaha. thanks guys:confused:

Condensation, I think the water was already there before you wash your bike each time, that vent hose line with the plug on it is merely a 'catch can' to collect liquids in the transfer of the PCV gases back to the filter......the water im pretty sure is just a product of condensation within your motor which is natural (theres moisture everywhere), its kinda hard to get water into the hose outlet in your airbox, especially since not a drop of water enters your airbox, your good man nothing to worry about

yeah iam the same, starting to get annoying,

i had a crankcase breather kit on my 07 similar to what TokyoMods sells. deffo worth investing in, i am going to do, lets any water drain straight out and blocks off the air box pipe

are u sure about that? that seems pretty far fetched. how is water getting into my motor or that vent line to even create condensation?

yeah iam the same, starting to get annoying,

i had a crankcase breather kit on my 07 similar to what TokyoMods sells. deffo worth investing in, i am going to do, lets any water drain straight out and blocks off the air box pipe

do tell about this kit....

And to the original post, unless one of the lines is cracked I cannot see how that would happen if you already checked everything else.

Are you sure its not oil thinned by gasoline?

oil thinned by gas????? If he is said no water is entering his airbox and his lines are sealed like he said then its condensation (moisture in the air) and yes it gets in your motor.

Yea, blow-by. When my bike was tired I would get fluid in this tube, now that it is fresh no more fluid in this tube.

dude the bike has 7 hours on it though and i have tasted it and its not gas, its water. i am screwed huh? i think i washed the bike once and i didnt cover the airbox and got the filter wet then went out and rode it. but everything looks fine under the valve cover so go figure. where could i look to see if i had water damage?

On a tired engine would blow-by get in that tube as well?

Yes. If you find oil in there and you haven't had a recent crash/tipover.

blow by happens even on a perfectly broken in engine, it happens more as the rings wear though...dont freak out man there is nothing wrong with you motor, everyones tube gets water in it...i told you before ITS NORMAL, drain it after every ride is all you have to worry about.

but how is water getting in there if its a closed circuit? thats what im curious about

moisture that gets brought in with the intake stroke...then the blow by puts a small amount of moisture into your crankcase where it is vented through and collects in this tube..........