adjusting rear spring drz400sm how???

2007 drz400sm how do you adjust the rear spring ? seems like i cant get to it . what has to come off ? :applause:

2007 drz400sm how do you adjust the rear spring ? seems like i cant get to it . what has to come off ? :applause:

Just remove the right, rear plastic panel. You just need a drift pin/punch to hit the tensioner. Make sure you set the race sag correctly. If you're not sure, do a search. Lots of good info out there. I just did it the other day - HUGE difference.

your stealer will have the proper tool if that doesnt work

Its not the easiest to adjust but you can get it with a long drift and hammer but be carefull not to hit the edges of the adjustment ring cause this will make it harder to adjust next time. Loosen the top ring first obviously and wind the bottm ring down, I marked one tab of the lower ring so i could count the number of turns I made. Ended up 3 and a 1/4 turns down from factory settings and at 35mm sag. Remember to note down the current damping settings then back the adjusters completely off before measuring the sag.

Also, it makes life much easier to lift the bike on a center stand to take the weight off the rear suspension. Then loosen the top (lock ring) and adjust the lower ring. With the weight off the suspension, the rings will turn without nearly as much effort. :applause:

thanks that was easy 5 turns and spot on now