08 ignition upgrade??

Sorry if this topic has been covered already but a quick question. Is it possible to upgrade to the 08 ignition on older CRF's? You can buy the box and the shift lever swith for under $200, less than half of most performance ignitions. If it is possible... will it make any difference over the older ignition boxes? Just wonder if this could be a cheap way to get 08 power characteristics.

I think the left case and shift drum plus wiring would also be needed.

So I went and looked at an 08 and had some new idea's. Does anyone know what the shifter switch looks like inside the case or how it works? Here's my idea... 08 ignition box with wiring and mount the shifter switch on the frame near the stearing steam. You could change the shifter switch by hand when you wanted. Almost like have a three stage ignition. What do you guys think??

If you look at the parts you will see the switch is more like a throttle position sensor that is rotated by the shift drum.

Your idea will work, but who has time to sync shifting and flipping a switch? Maybe if you just use the 2&3-5 maps, when do you use first gear anyways unless you are a woods rider.

Your idea will work, but who has time to sync shifting and flipping a switch? Maybe if you just use the 2&3-5 maps, when do you use first gear anyways unless you are a woods rider.

I'm not looking to switch from curve to curve on the fly. I do ride alot of different terrian so I figure I can use the 3-5 map for dunes, 2 or play riding, and 1 for the woods and tight trials. Just flip the switch before I start riding. Well when some spare money comes around I'll probably try it and let you guys know how it works.