wheelies on a 250f

how do you guys do wheelies on a yz250f im trying in second but after i get it up it keeps fallin back down evan if i open the throttle am i ment to do it in 3rd with clutch or what? coz all im doin is puting it in secon a jerk the throttle down and it pops up but i carnt keep it???? plzzzz help

up shift before you hit the rev limiter. if you get that down you can ride a wheelie forever from first gear shifting all the way up to 5th. but watch out when you upshift, because you wheel kicks up

Not sure, but my wr250f couldnt keep the wheel off the ground until I did some of the free mods and got her some more HP. It just felt like the bike couldn't maintain the wheelie, and I didnt know if it was me or the bike. Blame it on the bike for now. I'm 225 lbs though, so it needed the extra HP.

Just gotta be smoothe. Practice getting it up and when you finally find the balance point it will feel good and look sweet. Can either do a power wheelie(just get on the gas) or drop the clutch and the front wheel will come up(this is the easiest way when learning)

My advice is to be smooth and take your time to understand like a 250 F works. I have a YZ 250 F from 08 and i do whellies in 5th gear( i pull a very small bit the bike) and it handles very well. Comparing to a 450 is diferent because it doesn´t have so much torque and the wheel lowers more than a 450 but when you get the real touch of it you play with the bike. I do wheelies almost stopped in 2th gear and i do what i want in the other gears :applause:

Rather than just jazzing the gas to get the wheel up you need to really twist it. I thought I was twisting enough, but it never came up the way I wanted it to. Then I started really twisting the throttle and the wheel came up farther for longer, but you need to have your carb tuned right so it won't bog.

gotta hit that powerband real nice and good.

if your bike still wont lift up.. your powerbands probably stretched out and its time to get a new one!

my methods different. I start from a dead stop, put it in 2nd and pop the clutch sitting back far, the front tire comes up and i just keep pumping the gas when it starts to fall, then just keep shifting up each gear doin it lol.

Look man, you can start in a low gear. 1st or 2nd preferebly. from a stop, you can do two things, sit back on the seat, rev and pop the clutch. too much gas, and your bike will stand tall. or, you can start rolling. two methods, throttle...or dump the clutch. to get used to it, start standing and use the front suspension with just the throttle. then, once you get the hang of it......you can mediate your throttle control with using the rear brake. you wont be able to do a wheelie over night. these things take seat time and practice. dont be afraid to fall, because you will. Look on youtube as well, i'm sure you will be able to find some instructional videos. good luck....dont hurt yourself

thanks alot guys looks like im goin for a ride lol. the way im tryin them now is in second then tap the front brake then twist the throttle. getting it up is no issue for me and im not afraid its juz keeping it. when changing gears should i use clutch or not thanks

yami11

dont use your clutch when shifting unless your really good at feathering it.. chances are your front end will slam down if you do

standing up is the easy way, all a wheel is throttle control and balance you can push done on your pegs to turn you bike and on a four stroke once you get it up just hole the throttle a little past idle and you can do a wheel intill you run out of gas

standing up is the easy way, all a wheel is throttle control and balance you can push done on your pegs to turn you bike and on a four stroke once you get it up just hole the throttle a little past idle and you can do a wheel intill you run out of gas

standing up is hard.....very hard to hold onto but it is easier to balance. Its like this, the closer you are to balance point the less acceleration you need to keep the front wheel up. If you do power wheelies then your a long way away from balance point. If you wanna learn to ride balance point wheelies you need to go real slow and clutch the wheelie up fast, it will help if you turn your idle up too but one thing to remember is to cover your rear brake...sometimes its easier on a 4 wheeler or a 50 so you may try learning on one of those...I learned from scratch on my 250.

thanks alot guys for the advice

yami11

gotta hit that powerband real nice and good.

if your bike still wont lift up.. your powerbands probably stretched out and its time to get a new one!

:applause:

its a fourstroke the whole rpm range is a powerband...

standing up is hard.....very hard to hold onto but it is easier to balance. Its like this, the closer you are to balance point the less acceleration you need to keep the front wheel up. If you do power wheelies then your a long way away from balance point. If you wanna learn to ride balance point wheelies you need to go real slow and clutch the wheelie up fast, it will help if you turn your idle up too but one thing to remember is to cover your rear brake...sometimes its easier on a 4 wheeler or a 50 so you may try learning on one of those...I learned from scratch on my 250.

The wheelie in your avitar, did you ride it out?

dont use your clutch when shifting unless your really good at feathering it.. chances are your front end will slam down if you do

i do catwalk wheelies (at least i think that's what they're called) using the clutch. not that im that good at feathering the clutch or anything, but i got a 2smoke that i can rev the heck out of and it'll come right back up before front tire hits the ground. usually i end up do catwalks just because i can find the balance point.

:applause:

its a fourstroke the whole rpm range is a powerband...

lmao the "whole rpm range" is no the powerband

4strokes just make more power wider through the rpm range.. they still verymuch have powerbands.

like getting hotcams stage 2 will help with top end.. as in now lower in the rpm range you probably wouldnt be able to life your bike up as easily.

i know my bike needs to hit like atleast 8k before i can do any real power wheelies in 2nd.

well i had a look at my chain and it was realy loose so i tightend it up a bit and then went for a ride and now it juz stayz up but thanks alot for the advice and i will use it in the future.

cheers yami11

well i had a look at my chain and it was realy loose so i tightend it up a bit and then went for a ride and now it juz stayz up but thanks alot for the advice and i will use it in the future.

cheers yami11

Never would have thought that would help.