drz400SM

hey hey all

i was just wonsering is the DRZ400SM a "real" supermoto or just a pussie replica

1 is it fast enought (top speed)

2 cant you wheelie it / powerslide

3 can it do small jumps

i dont want a SM racer just a road bike (SM) that i can do the occasional wheelie and jump plus give it some in the twisties

kk thanks

cheers Luke

Haha, yes it will do all that and more.

The DRZ is not a hypermoto by any chance!

With a stock DRZ you can wheelie, jump powerslide, endo and everything else.

It'll go up to around 100mph aswell! :applause:

It may not be as powered as some other supermoto's but its still amazing!

sounds perfict 100MPH is heaps other wise you may end up with no licence

also it is 3k cheper then eny other bike

also what is 100MPD in Kilometers

and i have read in supermoto fourum that SM cant do the hyway because the engine blows is this the case with the DRZ BECAUSE IT LOOKS ALOT more (caps lock soz too lazy to change :applause:) road orientatied (as in better for cruzing) because there is a 3 hour strech i would ride alot and in the SM fourum it said stop every 45mins id this true?

cheers luke

cheers luke

100mph is 160KPH :applause:

posted this same thing a little further down but with a change (stupid PC deletid that part first time)

and i have read in supermoto fourum that SM cant do the hyway because the engine blows is this the case with the DRZ BECAUSE IT LOOKS ALOT more (caps lock soz too lazy to change :applause:) road orientatied (as in better for cruzing) because there is a 3 hour strech i would ride alot and in the SM fourum it said stop every 45mins id this true?

cheers luke

Rode mine for 3 hours ripping with my mate on his CBR1000RR and I didn't have to stop. Why were they reporting they have to stop?? Breakdown? Cooling? Comfort?? Sounds bit odd to me, maybe posted by non-DRZ sm owner??

This is a fun bike, not made for the freeway but will live at speed, but with this sort of bike high speed long hauls is not where it lives.

I'm sure you've read all of the performance upgrade posts so that you can unleash more power etc.

You don't read no posts on here telling you what a bad bike this is. If you've got the cash and the enthusiasm to mod, then this bike is heaps of fun.

Just seen how old you are Luke. Can't you get yourself an 'off-road' bike to keeep you happy and when you get your car test you can hook-up your bike and go and play in the vastness of your country:ride:

cool but i just read some really anoying somthin somthng i was reading the aussie road rules and i see that b4 u can get you motorbike licence you need to be over 18 and have a car licence(p) for a year (im 15 now) and the its only a motorbike L which means learner and while i have a lerner i can olny ride a 250 and under but the l is only for six mounths then i get a p (ill explain all the Ps, and Ls at the end) and when i get a P then i can get a bigger bike oo me mad now because i thoght i could get a DRZ400 next year but guess what it will be 3 1/2 years:foul: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ok heres all the p and l thing

you can get your CAR Lerner licance, have to have a fully licenced person in the car with you, when your 16 when your 17 you can go for your Previsionals, pritty much a full licence except there things like 0.00 blood alcohole and things

you can only get you MOTORBIKE Ls when you have you car Ps for a year

:eek::bonk::applause::):mad::eek::p

so i have to get a 250 for 6 mounths b4 i could get a DRZ (which i really want) so now i got to go but a bike i dont want but if i ride it real ***** for 6 mounths it should be still in the same condition so i can sell for the same price i bought if for ...maybe good thing the DRZS and nice and cheap

ok ill shut up now you probly dont cear but it makes me mad

F@#$ING Australian road rulee

ps you guys have to put up with this hit in america

cheers Lukeblah: :cry::banghead::foul:

Just seen how old you are Luke. Can't you get yourself an 'off-road' bike to keeep you happy and when you get your car test you can hook-up your bike and go and play in the vastness of your country:ride:

yeah true but i always like riding on the road and going places more then putting round some old qurrie

ill just have to wait:cry: :applause:

hella cool

i just founf this thing called Q-RIDE its a training corse thing setup by the goverment eny way if i do that it get rid of the stupid 250 thing

happy days

cheers luke

and i have read in supermoto fourum that SM cant do the hyway because the engine blows is this the case with the DRZ BECAUSE IT LOOKS ALOT more (caps lock soz too lazy to change :)) road orientatied (as in better for cruzing) because there is a 3 hour strech i would ride alot and in the SM fourum it said stop every 45mins id this true?

cheers luke

the engine won't blow up at hwy speeds it just sounds like it lol.the only reason i stop atleast once an hour on my sm rides is only because i need to get blood circulation back to my ass :applause:
cool but i just read some really anoying somthin somthng i was reading the aussie road rules and i see that b4 u can get you motorbike licence you need to be over 18 and have a car licence(p) for a year (im 15 now) and the its only a motorbike L which means learner and while i have a lerner i can olny ride a 250 and under but the l is only for six mounths then i get a p (ill explain all the Ps, and Ls at the end) and when i get a P then i can get a bigger bike oo me mad now because i thoght i could get a DRZ400 next year but guess what it will be 3 1/2 years:foul: :eek: :eek: :eek:

you can get your CAR Lerner licance, have to have a fully licenced person in the car with you, when your 16 when your 17 you can go for your Previsionals, pritty much a full licence except there things like 0.00 blood alcohole and things

so i have to get a 250 for 6 mounths b4 i could get a DRZ (which i really want) so now i got to go but a bike i dont want but if i ride it real ***** for 6 mounths it should be still in the same condition so i can sell for the same price i bought if for ...maybe good thing the DRZS and nice and cheap

your posts are very hard to understand. Your profile says u live in Missouri, USA. But your tallking about Aussie road rules, and you say cheers as a closing. So are you Australian, or American?

we are very strict down here for young'ns. too many kids KO'ing themselves.

it is ok if you are over 30, all you have to do is have a car licence, do a two day riding course and pass a knowledge check and you can ride open class bikes, if you are younger than that you have to do your Learner and then Provisional plates, which is speed limited and you cant have any booze at all in your blood and then you can only all ride something tame.. you can ride upto 600, ithink? it is more about Hpower than CC's even some Aprillia 125 are out of the L & P list due to the amount of HP they have.

i would think that the DR would be ok and on the approved list.

the DRZ is approved on the LAMS(Learner Approved Motorcycles) list (as is the aprilla 125) and it is worked out as having a limit of 660cc's and a power-to-weight ratio of less than 150kw/tonne. This is all in South Aust, and i think most other states here are pretty much the same. oh yea, in SA you still have to do the L's and Restricted licence (1 year on restricted) no matter what your age

Thomas