PLEASE will someone help me with my 06 250sxf carberator, UPDATE READ

i recently bought a ktm 250sxf. 3000 dollars. nice, but i got some adjusting to do...

this bike wont start for shnit. 60 some kicks and if im lucky it will start. CANT USE THE CHOKE...dont work, need to figure that out. bike farts and backfires like crazy.

i need to know how to tune my carb good and im sure TT peeps will help me out.

some info about my carb.

there is a boysen jet kit, but i doubt its right. it feels like the bike runs rich as well.

heres the problem im goin on with

cant use choke until it starts to idle...which thats FORVER AND SOMETIMES IT DONT and after all of that, i lost a good chunk out of my leg...not even kidding, IT HURTS :applause: .

Too make things short

i need someone to help me adjust my carb. and tell me what the hell is a 50 pilot so i can set it to that, i saw in the book the previous owner had it sharpied in.

thank you everone i need the most help i can get. its stuck at a friends and i want it home. I GOT IT RUNNING BUT THE DUMBASS I WAS I WALKED AWAY FROM IT THINKING IT WAS OK. came back started idled for 10 seconds and died and i gave up.

Your PILOT jet sounds WAY TOO BIG!!

A 50 pilot is very large for any carb ... and of course your choke will not work if your too rich to start with.

Go and buy a new one for $5 or so .... say a 42 ... or whatever STOCK is.

Drop it in ... 10 minutes later, you'll be rippin'.:applause:

Your PILOT jet sounds WAY TOO BIG!!

A 50 pilot is very large for any carb ... and of course your choke will not work if your too rich to start with.

Go and buy a new one for $5 or so .... say a 42 ... or whatever STOCK is.

Drop it in ... 10 minutes later, you'll be rippin'.:applause:

HOW TO I ADJUST IT AND DO IT... it first said 42 pilot in the book. then it had 50 for better starting. and how do i lean it out

in the book it had 40 stock, then 42 pilot in, then 50 pilot in. (better starting)

this guy rode in winter as well dont forget

I think you just answered your own question ... 50 pilot in WINTER would make sense. Not if its warm out though.

Go and hold it your HOT START lever and try to get the bike running at least

Remove the carb from the bike, and remove the float bowl from the bottom of the carb. The main jet will be in the center of the carb on the bottom, and the pilot jet will be offset slightly to the front/side. Simply unscrew it with a 6mm socket and screw the new pilot jet in.

Before you re-install the carb, turn the fuel screw all the way in (it's the tiny screw in the tunnel on the bottom of the carb near the front), and turn it back out 2 turns for a starting point.

Also, you should get out your manual and go through the procedure for adjusting your accelerator pump before re-installing the carb.

A good carb cleaning while it's off the bike also wouldn't hurt anything.

ALRIGHT. got the carb out checked everything and he it goes

main jet 172.

idle jet 42 (normal

starter jet 85 (normal

fuel screw, felt like to many turns out.

now he it is

main jet 170

and i put in an easy fuel adjusting screw and set it out to 2.

my question is what made the bike run to rich and not start.