661 Neck brace and chest protector

Can't do that from the comp here at work. Go to vital and check it out, it's a neck brace and chest protector combo from the Indy dealer show. It won't be out for a while, but here's all of us another option to the Leatt(which I fully support and in no way am I bashing them).

looks like a great design, incorporating a chest protector into the brace. As i recall a bunch of people had to "fit" their leatt brace to their chest protector so this looks like it will be a very sleek design. Now another product to drive prices down :applause: good find

Looks like a sentinel with a leatt.

If you look close you can see that it's a cobby prototype but it definitely has great potential. I'd like to see a mid torso swivel in the back plate. MSR and Answer does this with their chest protectors and it works well to keep assembly from moving around on your shoulders as your torso flexes.

If Leatt is smart, they will be working towards integrating chest and back protection in a new design right now.

The 661 also looks sort of like my modified Leatt/MSR setup. this has the back plate swivel I was talking about.

leatt016.jpg

THe 661 is a prototype according to GuyB at Vital. It looks good and looks like it will distribute force over a wide area. CamP you are correct they need to make sure it doesn't ride up etc.. I am sure someone has looked at this from 661. Seems like quite a few manufacturors watch what is said on here.

• Like 1

If you look close you can see that it's a cobby prototype but it definitely has great potential. I'd like to see a mid torso swivel in the back plate. MSR and Answer does this with their chest protectors and it works well to keep assembly from moving around on your shoulders as your torso flexes.

If Leatt is smart, they will be working towards integrating chest and back protection in a new design right now.

The 661 also looks sort of like my modified Leatt/MSR setup. this has the back plate swivel I was talking about.

leatt016.jpg

The TLD and EVS does also. the swivel protectors are the way to go imo.

I rock 661 gloves and love them. A buddy of mine has a 661 helmet and likes it to.

I like the direction of this brace with the intergrated chest protector, but as of right now in the prototype stage, it looks kinda cheap. Ill just get the evs, seeing how I just bought a new chest protector already anyways.

haha, i agree, all the 661 stuff i have had SUCKED, i use EVS only now, i love their pastrana style knee guards...

:applause: Wierd how people have different opinions. I've used MOST of the 661 products and loved them except for a few minor items. My friend bought a EVS Ballistic Jersey and it was tremendously cheaply made and weak in comparison protection wise. Like you said, the knee gaurds seem really good though....

:applause: Wierd how people have different opinions. I've used MOST of the 661 products and loved them except for a few minor items. My friend bought a EVS Ballistic Jersey and it was tremendously cheaply made and weak in comparison protection wise. Like you said, the knee gaurds seem really good though....

yeah it comes down to rider preference... i tried 2 pair of 661 knee guards, a helmet, wrist brace, and chest protector, didn't like the way they felt, i just feel "more at home" with EVS...?

I seen one of them ballistic armor suits in the store. I agree the plastic chest plates and everything was extremely weak. Everything else EVS makes seems to be top notch tho!