service 2006 crf450 shock

I've never serviced a shock. I plan to do mine this week. What tools do I need, except the nitrogen setup? What do I look for? What parts will I undoubtedly need to replace? What fluids/weight and how much do I put back in? I looked at the bebuild instruction at the mx-tech website. Is this a good article to use? I was considering purchasing the factory connection high speed compresion spring. Is this a wise investment? Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

There won't be any special tools needed. There is no fluid level, it has to be full. I didn't look at the article you posted but there is an order that you have to do things though. I did the valves for the first time and it wasn't bad after a while. I know your not planning on doing the valve but if you are putting a different spring on the valve then you are looking at a hole other animal. Getting that top nut off the valve is not fun. You have to grind the peen off in just the right way and if you screw it up your screwed. I watched the race tech video before I did mine and I also talked to a few different suspension guys before I did anything. I would say to use the best oil you can get. I recommend silkoline synthetic or race tech. The Race Tech is outrageous but the best. Good luck

I've never serviced a shock. I plan to do mine this week. What tools do I need, except the nitrogen setup? What do I look for? What parts will I undoubtedly need to replace? What fluids/weight and how much do I put back in? I looked at the bebuild instruction at the mx-tech website. Is this a good article to use? I was considering purchasing the factory connection high speed compresion spring. Is this a wise investment? Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Where on the MX-tech site do you find the rebuild instruction?