Honda motor swap

I need some help from someone with more brains than I have. I am rebuilding a 1970 Honda CT70 for my wife. I wanted to put a big bore motor in it, but she wanted to keep the 3-speed automatic aspect of it. The only thing I could find to keep us both happy was a 110cc Lifan motor. Unfortunately, it turns out to be a 12 volt system. The old motor only has 3 wires coming out and the new one has 6. I'm not sure which wires to use for the old connectors? I'd like to keep the lights, but don't have much space for a different size battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I need some help from someone with more brains than I have. I am rebuilding a 1970 Honda CT70 for my wife. I wanted to put a big bore motor in it, but she wanted to keep the 3-speed automatic aspect of it. The only thing I could find to keep us both happy was a 110cc Lifan motor. Unfortunately, it turns out to be a 12 volt system. The old motor only has 3 wires coming out and the new one has 6. I'm not sure which wires to use for the old connectors? I'd like to keep the lights, but don't have much space for a different size battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cant you just install a big bore kit on the original engine?

Go for the Lifan. I have a Lifan 70cc converted to a 4spd auto by using my old side case and shift shaft. I had to go that route because I wanted to have the One up, three down shift pattern.

Change the bulbs to 12 volt and use a SEALED battery. There are lots of 12 volt batteries around.

Hooper motors is a good source. They have all the conversion info on their web page.

Look for " Helpful and Technical Info" in the middle of the blue line near the top of the page.

http://www.hooperimports.com/showpages.asp?pid=1013

They also have a way to convert it to 6 volts.

Another good source is DRATV.com

Don

Thanks for the info. I looked up Hooper Imports and was able to call and order a wiring harness for a bike that they sell that is a copy of the origional ct70!