Problem With 'New' Bike

The GG 300 was somewhat harder to start than I thought it would be. But I'm getting the hang of it after nearly breaking my ankle and ripping gashes through the back of my ankle. Note to self: start in boots, not tennis shoes. Regapping the plug helped a lot. But there's a much more serious problem I didn't anticipate. Almost immediately after starting it, my 12 year old son said, "Can I try it." And he did. Then my 15 year old son ran outside with a huge grin and asked it he could try. Five minutes later he looks like Julienn DuPont. And I can't get them off my bike. They've lost all interest in their play bikes - that weren't cheap. All they do is ride around the yard doing wheelies and working on stoppies, and blitzing up little hills. Oh well, I guess I only have myself to blame.

So now I've got two more bikes to get!

I couldn't get the photo insert to work, granted I didn't try very hard, but it doesn't seem to like Picassa. Anyway, they are at http://picasaweb.google.com/JohnSKepler/GasGasTXT300Pro .

This is going to be good...

John

IMG_2655.JPG?imgmax=512

That thing is sick! If you don't mind how much did you pay for it? Great looking bike, I have always wanted a trials.

$3,300. I feel that I did well. And only 30 miles from my house. How often does that happen in North Alabama!

And thanks for posting the photo. Are you going to tell me how you did it?

John

Nice bike. Trials is safer than enduro/mx. You can always use this excuse to get approval from the misses to get the bikes for your kids, I know I would.

That's a choice bike.

Looks like the boys are hooked.

$3,300. I feel that I did well. And only 30 miles from my house. How often does that happen in North Alabama!

And thanks for posting the photo. Are you going to tell me how you did it?

John

I don't know much about trials, but that price doesn't seem bad at all. Yeah sure, go to the picture you want and right click on the photo. Go to properties and copy the address. Then in the Thumpertalk window click the "insert image" button (yellow with a mountain) and past the address you copied before.

Cool! Thanks for clearing up the picture posting problem for me. So this is my 15 year old son after just a few minutes on the bike.:applause:

IMG_2638.JPG?imgmax=512:foul:

And my 12 year old. Notice hand on clutch. Motor is running.:eek:

IMG_2639.JPG?imgmax=512:)

And here's me... I'll get better...:eek:

IMG_2654.JPG?imgmax=512:banghead:

These trials bikes are freakin' amazing!:cry:

No problem, lookin good! It probably feels like a mountain bike under ya?

Sweet bike! And at nice price too!

Trials bikes have this sort of effect on people I think. Very addictive!

Deffinatly use boots as well. there is an art to kicking trials bikes, and you can spend a lot of time breaking you foot in half if you don't have it completely down yet.

On a completely different note, I got and complete '06 clutch in my '03 GG, and it feels AMAZING! The old clutch was swolen way out of spec. and the clutch spring (which is just a big metal washer) was quite a bit heavier back then. It is at least twice as light at the lever now, so I am a very happy camper! :-)