Reasons I'm buying a RMZ over CRF

I have been a long time honda guy for close to twenty years now. I grew up on CRs and XR's I still have my XR 400!:applause:

I just sold my 05 CRF450 last August and I've been looking at the new 08 CRF and the 08 RMZ.

My 05 CFR had a hit on it that wore me out after a few laps and I've read how great the 08 is in all the magazines and the dealers telling me that it's the best bike made.... :):cry::banghead:

All of the the new 450s are great bikes.:foul:

I like the fact that the RMZ has better bars, Excel Rims standard etc.

The CRF??? no.

From what I've read the RMZ with the EFI has more of a linear powerband and I like the sounds of that.

I'm 34 years old and I'm just a weekend warrior and I think the RMZ is the best bang for the buck. ( next to the KTM)

If somebody kicks my a$$ on the track I know it's not the fault of the RMZ:busted:

Plus I like the Yellow!

what do you guys think?

m13

I would wait a year or until Suzook did some upgrades to the EFI system. Now Im not telling you to get the CRF, just saying it takes a little while to get the problems worked out. I read the MXA review and they complained about how the bike signed off at 10k rpm(limiter is 12.5k) and when winding it out it has an obnoxious back firing problem. I bet most of this could be fixed with a quick reprogram but I cant say for sure.

you dont need an EFI RMZ to get linear power... all the rmz450s are like that and an aftermarket exhaust gives it the top end it doesnt really have, without loosing bottom or mid.

motocrossactions test 08 rmz450 they cracked the engine cases at 6hr. selling my 06 rmz450 for a 08 yz450 most reliable bike made.I am tired of working on my suzuki worst bike I have ever owned. Just something to think about

Ok Fine.

I'll by a CRF and put Excel rims on it.

done.

Thanks guys!

m13

dont listen to that guy above u, my bike has been virtually maintenance free, oil changes and airfilter changes are the only thing ive had to do on a routine basis. topend has only been adjusted once since new in '05.

Id just wait untill the reviews of the 09 or 10 model comes out

thats funny cause from my experience the crf has been about worst bike in terms of upkeep and repairs.

iv seen the HP charts of the 08 rmz450..........its kinda gay but the carbed models made more HP (honda, kawi)

Who cares what a review says, how about going out and riding one??? who would of thought lol

Ok Fine.

done.

Thanks guys!

m13

Mate dont listen to that guy above you.

I have an 06 RMZ and all my brothers and friends ride CRFs and KTMs and my bike is the envy of them.

It is the best cornering, most agile 450 ever made (apart from the 07/08!). The power is chunky and tractable off the bottom/mid and with a pipe (which everyone gets at least for sound/bling factor) it has awesome top end punch and overrev.

I also own an 06 CRF 450 and the maintenance on the two is identical. Standard fair.

The CRF has a heavier clutch pull and shocking front end in turns (unless you pay top dollar for a RG3 clamp set, apparantly this fixes the CRF turning issues). The CRF also lacks bottom end power... its all "punch punch punch" no "tractor it nice and easy up that steep hill in top gear" like the RMZ will do.

Honestly nothing makes me smile more than to let a "CRF know all" or "KTM lover" ride my bike. I actively encourage them to do so because I get endless satisfaction from the look on their face when they (eventually) give me the bike back.

Go for an 07 RMZ, stuff EFI you dont need it right now. You will get a great deal on one of the best looking, best turning, best motor (manageability) and most fun offroad bike out there.

I have directly compared it to a 06 CRF 450, 06 RM 250, 07 KTM 450 EXC and 08 KTM 530 EXC and it beats them all hands down (honda and KTM win for brakes).

Go yellow and you wont regret it mate. Dont listen to the haters, go try one!

Ok Fine.

done.

Thanks guys!

m13

why would u want excel rims? they are more prone to cracking than the DID rims that come stock on the crf.

Mate dont listen to that guy above you.

I have an 06 RMZ and all my brothers and friends ride CRFs and KTMs and my bike is the envy of them.

It is the best cornering, most agile 450 ever made (apart from the 07/08!). The power is chunky and tractable off the bottom/mid and with a pipe (which everyone gets at least for sound/bling factor) it has awesome top end punch and overrev.

I also own an 06 CRF 450 and the maintenance on the two is identical. Standard fair.

The CRF has a heavier clutch pull and shocking front end in turns (unless you pay top dollar for a RG3 clamp set, apparantly this fixes the CRF turning issues). The CRF also lacks bottom end power... its all "punch punch punch" no "tractor it nice and easy up that steep hill in top gear" like the RMZ will do.

Honestly nothing makes me smile more than to let a "CRF know all" or "KTM lover" ride my bike. I actively encourage them to do so because I get endless satisfaction from the look on their face when they (eventually) give me the bike back.

Go for an 07 RMZ, stuff EFI you dont need it right now. You will get a great deal on one of the best looking, best turning, best motor (manageability) and most fun offroad bike out there.

I have directly compared it to a 06 CRF 450, 06 RM 250, 07 KTM 450 EXC and 08 KTM 530 EXC and it beats them all hands down (honda and KTM win for brakes).

Go yellow and you wont regret it mate. Dont listen to the haters, go try one!

its a good thing you are bragging about your bike and not your abilities or you would get banned from this forum.

strange, but if i had the best bike and i loved it, i would NEVER let everybody ride it.

my 06 rmz 450 has also been very reliable.standard maintenance.No problem at all.Put a white bros. full system and it feels like a 5th gear.My only complaint is I have never had a Suzuki in stock form that the suspension did not kill me.I have spent alot of time making it right.I have had Hondas also and I think anyone with an open mind will agree that overall Hondas are

execllent and need less done to them to be satisfied.Some people have a

favorite bike and will always defend it no matter what.I will ride my rmz till I go back to Honda.No matter what bike you own if you maintain it ,you should get good service.

I use to race XR280s backing the day doing hair scramble and what not.

I like that low end 4stroke pull. My 05 CRF kicked like a mule and I was always over compensating for it. If the RMZ has more of a "4 stroke" lew feel then I'll do that!

Here's my old CRF

CRF2.jpg

rmz,s do have that low pull torque for sure.no power surges ,just pulls from bottom to top

I use to race XR280s backing the day doing hair scramble and what not.

I like that low end 4stroke pull. My 05 CRF kicked like a mule and I was always over compensating for it. If the RMZ has more of a "4 stroke" lew feel then I'll do that!

Here's my old CRF

CRF2.jpg

I dig the old school color scheme :applause:

As for the RMZ I have had no complaints about mine (06), minus the lacking top end (fixed with stage 1 hotcams and a complete FMF 4.1 system), other than that a great bike to ride.

I dig the old school color scheme :)

As for the RMZ I have had no complaints about mine (06), minus the lacking top end (fixed with stage 1 hotcams and a complete FMF 4.1 system), other than that a great bike to ride.

Can you please post some picks of your 06 RMZ. I love that classic blue and yellow color scheme.

I had a yellow 06 DRZ400sm and had to sell it :applause: I'm trying to pay off a bunch of crap because I'm moving to Austin TX and buying a house so the toys must go for now.

But, once I have the house I getting a new bike and it's the RMZ or the CRF.

I really need to ride a RMZ if it has that low end 4-stroke vibe then I'm all over that. The CRF felt like a two stroke!

Can you please post some picks of your 06 RMZ. I love that classic blue and yellow color scheme.

I had a yellow 06 DRZ400sm and had to sell it :applause: I'm trying to pay off a bunch of crap because I'm moving to Austin TX and buying a house so the toys must go for now.

But, once I have the house I getting a new bike and it's the RMZ or the CRF.

I really need to ride a RMZ if it has that low end 4-stroke vibe then I'm all over that. The CRF felt like a two stroke!

Mine is no longer the classic color (I have all black plastics minus the tank and front fender (the black one kept hitting the header and melting)... Going to throw the yellow radiator shrouds back on though). I am thinking of going back to the color scheme it had when I bought it (the pic in my avatar is of my bike before I changed it over) as the black plastic may look nice, it is a complete pain to keep nice.