Any tips for power?07 crf 250r

Hi I need some help from you guys because I have 710 dollars to spend for my 250 and i am 14 years old i need you to tell me what kits parts etc ,i race also

For my son's CRF250, the first and cheapest mods we made were a Boyeson accelerator pump cover ($90) to help eliminate the bog, and adding one tooth to the rear sprocket ($60) to help it get out of corners better.

And an aftermarket fuel screw is REALLY worth the money.

I also had good results with the JD Jetting kit on our CRF250s ($80?).

yeah i heard the kit was good but the sprocket helps corners?

My son's corner speed was low (beginner), and the CRF250 lacked a little bottom end. So, adding a tooth helped it pull a little harder out of corners, which allowed him to clear a few jumps right after corners that he was having trouble with.

Supposedly, the '08 CRF250 is better on the bottom right off of idle. That's the only thing that bothered me about previous models.

Oh, and I would get radiator braces. Those has proven to a great investment for $60. They have saved me hundreds of dollars and prevented two DNFs!

ok but what do the braces do

brace your rads...:applause:

For my son's CRF250, the first and cheapest mods we made were a Boyeson accelerator pump cover ($90) to help eliminate the bog, and adding one tooth to the rear sprocket ($60) to help it get out of corners better.

And an aftermarket fuel screw is REALLY worth the money.

I also had good results with the JD Jetting kit on our CRF250s ($80?).

IMO I wouldn't do any of above. For having CRF's now for years I would recommend for additional power either High Compression Piston 13.1:1 or 13.5:1 JE or a 280 kit. For carb mods R&D bowl is all you need with stock jetting it does everything Boyseon accelerator pump and more and you don't need the JD Jetting kit. If you have not had your supension / spring down for your weight and type of riding you do is very import and is sometimes better than power to achieve speed.

im 6 foot 170 pounds ..i ride it fine

IMO I wouldn't do any of above. For having CRF's now for years I would recommend for additional power either High Compression Piston 13.1:1 or 13.5:1 JE or a 280 kit. For carb mods R&D bowl is all you need with stock jetting it does everything Boyseon accelerator pump and more and you don't need the JD Jetting kit. If you have not had your supension / spring down for your weight and type of riding you do is very import and is sometimes better than power to achieve speed.

I agree with the R&D float bowl, but he said he's on a budget, and that's about $230.

Keeping cost down would allow enough left over to do the suspension (ditto on that too).

But, what use would a high compression piston be? There's the cost of labor if you can't do it yourself, and the need to run race gas (?).

I forgot to ask what skill level, but for a 14 year old novice, I don't think a lot of costly engine mods are practical or feasible. A big-bore kit alone is more than he has to spend. And more power is useles until the jetting and suspension are right.

I have a dad...he knows how to do all that stuff..and ive always ran race gas with all my motorcycles everytime..

I agree with the R&D float bowl, but he said he's on a budget, and that's about $230.

Keeping cost down would allow enough left over to do the suspension (ditto on that too).

But, what use would a high compression piston be? There's the cost of labor if you can't do it yourself, and the need to run race gas (?).

I forgot to ask what skill level, but for a 14 year old novice, I don't think a lot of costly engine mods are practical or feasible. A big-bore kit alone is more than he has to spend. And more power is useles until the jetting and suspension are right.

Yep I agree.....R&D Pump and suspension.

get high comp piston 13.5:1 you can still run pump gas, a cam, boyessen or R&D power bowl thingies, jet kit, scary fast carb inserts, twin air power flow kit, do a little head porting you can do that your self w/ a file, a 52 toth rear sporcket gives you a ton of low end but if you ride real open tracks theres not much top end,ready carb mod, i day get a lesson and what you have left over spend on you motor thats what my dad told me, he said im not gonna pay for better parts untill your bike is holding you back as it is.

Dude, none of anything will make you faster unless you have you suspension done. Send you suspension to Factory Connection and that will be the best upgrade.

everyone else said it will make it faster

everyone else said it will make it faster

Yea, maybe it will make your bike faster, but you cannot use all of that power unless you have the proper suspension set up. A lot of people make the mistake of building up a motor like crazy, and not even touching their suspension, but they wont be as succesfull as someone who has good suspension. You can have your suspension revalved for $400-$500 and still have enough $$$$ left for a 13.5:1 Wiseco piston.

I have a dad...he knows how to do all that stuff..and ive always ran race gas with all my motorcycles everytime..

OK, that does make a big difference. Otherwise, the labor alone would break your budget.

Do you need your bike to be faster? Or would you be better off making it handle better, then get good enough that the engine is holding you back?

I don't need any more power out of a 4 stroke (just better delivery), but then I'm kind of old and slow. When my son needed more power, he got a 450 instead of modifying the 250.

bike to be faster

actuall dude....the R&D bowl is about $260

a high comp piston is about 120, you also need wrist pin and gasgets, if you have someone do it i but it will all together be about $400

BTW-no need for race gas with just 13.5;1

BTW-no need for race gas with just 13.5;1

I thought runnin below 94 octane could cause pre detonation aka engine knock which is bad. Not being an ass, just wondering as that is the only thing keeping me from going high comp myself:excuseme: