Supermoto Footpegs

Hey guys.. I've looked everywhere on the forum and the net and I'm struggling to find some footpegs that have mounts for plastic sliders!!

I have seen some specific sliders for pegs like the Power Pegz and some KTM pegs but no universal sliders..

I'm sure I'm not the first so any ideas would be appreciated..

Just want to say you guys in the US are so much luckier than us in the UK. The amount of parts, the availability and more so the cost is so much better! I can get parts from the states including postage quicker, easier and cheaper than here!!!!!

Thanks

Hey guys.. I've looked everywhere on the forum and the net and I'm struggling to find some footpegs that have mounts for plastic sliders!!

I have seen some specific sliders for pegs like the Power Pegz and some KTM pegs but no universal sliders..

I'm sure I'm not the first so any ideas would be appreciated..

Just want to say you guys in the US are so much luckier than us in the UK. The amount of parts, the availability and more so the cost is so much better! I can get parts from the states including postage quicker, easier and cheaper than here!!!!!

Thanks

i got a set of universals off e-bay... they have a u-bolt that looped right thru the stock pegs and works primo!

Yup by them off of ebay, and they bolt right on!

Just unbolt the stupid Rubber peg inserts

not so worried about keeping the stock pegs, have already taken the rubber bits off. WHY oh WHY they put them on in the first place I don't know!!!

Wondered if my choice of pegs with sliders extended beyond the powerpegzs..

I have after market pegs. Stainless steel and a bit more blingy. Stillusing the Universal "J" hooked Peg sliders tho.

Other pegs... You can look at IMS pegs, they are good. But i still think you'll be looking at universal peg sliders.

I only know of a few manufactures that have peg sliders for the specific bikes! KTM's for example!

A very old pic ...

But here are the universal sliders on stock pegs

RearBrakePedal17.jpg

I use skateboard wheels and j hooks, you can go to the dollar store and get some cheap skateboard and it lasts same as the aftermarket kind, I get at least a season out of them for a buck!

I'd use skateboard wheels on the Pegs, but definitely not on the swingarm/forks.

Skateboard wheels are designed to grip, imagine the drama of your bikes swingarm digging in, gripping then flipping over or something :applause:

Do a search on the Fro pegs they come with sliders already attached , i run them on my race bikes not cheap but very good

Do a search on the Fro pegs they come with sliders already attached , i run them on my race bikes not cheap but very good

thats coz u got plenty of cash shane,we run em aswell had them on two seasons,titanium you see real good quality.:applause:

i got a set of fastway's for 40 bucks used......and you can tell they are from a sumo bike......the edges are nice and broke in......fastways are the best......nice wide platform and camber adjustable

I've been looking into this a lot lately and have found that the universal weld-ons from Supermoto Engineering (http://www.supermotoengineering.com/product_detail.php?id=185) seem to be the best function/value if you're running aftermarket pegs. I've got Moose Stainless pegs, like em a lot, and opted for them over the titanium because I can weld to them. If you're running stock pegs, the UFO's seem to be a great value.

As far as I can tell, the trick is to use delrin plastic for the sliders because its slippery. It'll protect your bike, the track, and won't slow you down; or worse - grab. Delrin is commonly found in those white, commercial cutting boards and places like the toe pieces of alpine ski bindngs. SME's are delrin and I'm pretty sure the UFO's are too (anyone know for sure?). I'm going to measure the new sliders and store that info for a template so that in the future, i can cut replacement sliders out of delrin blox i have in the garage . The white sliders may even look shweet.

:thumbsup:

On a consumer note, I called up the TT Store to see if they knew of anyone who makes a slider for my Moose pegs. I talked to Melissa and she offered to call Moose (Parts Unlimited). She got info for me from Parts Unlimited (they won't talk to us) and she even spoke to some of her friends and other people at the shop about what I was looking for and she dug up a pile of great info for me - all to refer me to another business to buy a product that TT doesn't sell. Now that's what I call banner customer service! Thanks Melissa!

Call the guys at Promoto billet/fastway. I have a set on my FastwayF6 Pegs and they work great.