Flatland?

I am looking into buying Flatland radiator guards but i can`t really find any good pictures of there product mounted on a YZ250F 06 or newer when the radiator shroud is not maunted so my question is does anyone have pictures of Flatland radiator guards maunted on there bike?

I am also wondering if the bike stil gets anough airflow and not overheats?

I am sorry for my bad english.

Thanks Toon

no worrys.

the flat lands are the best you can get when it comes to rad gaurds. There fit and finish is much better than that of devol and other manufacturers.. they sit about 3/4" away from the front of your guards so that they do not pack with air and restrict airflow. With some modifications you should be able to keep your plastic louvers that direct air across the rads.

Some other gaurds stick out like a sore thumb but i believe these fit better than any other guards.

one tip when installing radiator guards is that when your installing the bolts that mount your rads on the frame it can get very awkward with tools and the best way to do it is to get a 1/4'' socket wrench and handful of 1/4'' extensions and slide them through the holes on the outer of the guards in order to get a strait approach to the bolts..

other wise you will find your self still screwing around with a 8mm wrench about an hour later just trying to put 6 bolts in .

I am looking into buying Flatland radiator guards but i can`t really find any good pictures of there product mounted on a YZ250F 06 or newer when the radiator shroud is not maunted so my question is does anyone have pictures of Flatland radiator guards maunted on there bike?

I am also wondering if the bike stil gets anough airflow and not overheats?

I am sorry for my bad english.

Thanks Toon

Here ya go... Click here for my write up - lots of pics... FlatlandRacing makes very good products :applause:

x3 - i have their skidplate, rad gaurds, and both disc gaurds - all very strong and good fit

Thanks

If you really want the best get UNABIKER!

They barely restrict airflow.. you definately wont have to worry about over heating.

if worse comes to worse you can get a high flow water impeller.. but the chances you will ever need one if you only ride 20% woods is slim.

the only thing with some guards is that if they are too close they can become packed with mud ext and restrict air but the flatlands sit far away from the front of the rads so you should be ok.

Did you ever had any problems with overheating?

i ride 80% mx and 20% trails

For MX, no overheating problem since there is air flowing through the rads. For trails, only when it's really hot out and I'm crawling through the woods - but this can happen with ANY bike with or without the rad guards since there is NO air flowing through the radiators. Those stock front plastic louvers can't do anything with the air flow if you're not moving. As soon as I get away from the tight stuff, it cools right off :applause: Make sure not to let your bike idle for long if you're not moving, e.g., when you're waiting up for a buddy, etc., you should turn the engine off.

I ride more woods than MX so I did this mod to my bike, it's a big help for recycling the radiator fluid instead of dumping it on the ground on really hot days in the tight woods. :)

For MX, no overheating problem since there is air flowing through the rads. For trails, only when it's really hot out and I'm crawling through the woods - but this can happen with ANY bike with or without the rad guards since there is NO air flowing through the radiators. Those stock front plastic louvers can't do anything with the air flow if you're not moving. As soon as I get away from the tight stuff, it cools right off :applause: Make sure not to let your bike idle for long if you're not moving, e.g., when you're waiting up for a buddy, etc., you should turn the engine off.

I ride more woods than MX so I did this mod to my bike, it's a big help for recycling the radiator fluid instead of dumping it on the ground on really hot days in the tight woods. :)

you nailed it :cry: